Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xlan

Xl-dreamhouse

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks for the tips.

I have purchased LG 32' TV too. It comes with 1080i and 1080p. Hurray !

hmm... I dun think 32" is FULL HD, maybe yours is HD ready

Edited by OnePostWonder

Hi xlan,

me glad to go ur hse for the ang mo new yr if u invite me :thumbs up: me shy to juz pop in like tat scali u hafing lomatic time wif u the other half n i come n distrub :dribble: not very nice heehee

hahaa.. jazznpop.. sure.. if (ang mo) new yr hv fireworks on mt faber (that 2 towers).. u can come up to my unit!! haha.. my sofa will b facing right to the 2 towers..

as for the aircon.. i only hv a sys3 for the 3 bedrooms.. living room no need la.. my place should b windy enough.. sometimes might even hv to close the windows a bit.. we noticed it is not windy at night only.. n tats when it's time to bed.. so aircon in bedrooms jus nice.. day time is super windy on normal days.. n expect a mini typhoon when outside is storming.. hahahahaha... but we'll be getting a tower fan to standby too..

haha.. jazznpop.. i dun tink i can make it in time to move n celebrate the ang mo new yr 2008 le.. renov handover date is scheduled on 4Jan.. even if early for a week.. also not enuff time to pack n ready for invites.. althou i'd really really love to.. sigh...

1postwonder.. shld b HD ready i tink.. almost 90% LCD sold at the show r at least HD ready with 1 HDMI input and 1 PC input.. those tat are not HD ready r 26" n below if i'm not wrong..

jus now after work.. went up take a look at my new place.. they are painting my walls.. hehee.. i tink the color "snow field" is really COOL.. love it!! :thumbs up:

oh tis 1 i know... but both hubby n me dun tink it is time to buy full hd yet.. since tv signals r not fully hd n is not really established in sg yet.. unless we can get jap's quality network.. then more worth it to get full hd.. haha.. we're still quite far frm it yet.. wait for a longer while.. by then full hd prices will drop a lot as well!:dancingqueen: haha..

xlan,

may I know when is paint job started?.

From what I know it is after tiling, cement base/sink support for kitchen and after aircon trunking right?.

or after aircon is installed?. is your kitchen cabinet up yet?. what about lighting?.

Sorry for asking so much question :dancingqueen:

was thinking to plan and know more in case I left out anything.

thanks!! :dancingqueen:

So far, I think your reno has been progressing very well and very smooth... congrats!!.

Edited by gadgetgal

hmm... I dun think 32" is FULL HD, maybe yours is HD ready

Hi One Post Wonder,

U right. It is only HD ready. Full HD is for 42" and above. Not enough money to buy 42" Full HD.

Currently, only Sony & LG has 1080p and i for 32" LCD so I settle for LG due to price issue.

oh tis 1 i know... but both hubby n me dun tink it is time to buy full hd yet.. since tv signals r not fully hd n is not really established in sg yet.. unless we can get jap's quality network.. then more worth it to get full hd.. haha.. we're still quite far frm it yet.. wait for a longer while.. by then full hd prices will drop a lot as well!:dancingqueen: haha..

I heard that the new technology of 2000 +++ P and I is coming out in 2008. Hopefully, this will reduce the price further so that i can get the full HD 42" in 2009.

Hi Xlan,

When I passed by your flat yesterday at 6pm, I notice that the sun actually shine directly onto your flat. Just curious to know if you feel very warm from the 西朝 。

Hi XLAN

Thanks again for your renovation photos.

Do keep us update!

Can see from your pic and comments that your reno are so far so good!:dancingqueen:

Cheers!:dancingqueen:

HAPPY

gadgetgal, hehe.. 太看得起我了... i'm 1st time doing renov n dunno exactly what should do 1st n next.. but let me try to recall the sequence of wat my ID planned n did in real...

1) lay SCV points across the room.. on the floor.. cos later can b cover up by the flooring..

2) then HDB did the cement screeding in my room..

3) tiling of homos in rest of the areas..

4) kitchen cabinet base

5) aircon men do the laying of pippings, etc..

6) citygas install the gas pippings n connect n install the water heater

7) painting of walls

8) tat's all as of yest.. hahaha..

Hi Cindy.. my unit has very very little sunshine in the afternoon.. at most the sun can only shine in abt 1 foot loh.. not really warm.. if u wanna feel it.. can arrange for 1 of the weekend afternoon to go up my place.. :furious:

gadgetgal, hehe.. 太看得起我了... i'm 1st time doing renov n dunno exactly what should do 1st n next.. but let me try to recall the sequence of wat my ID planned n did in real...

1) lay SCV points across the room.. on the floor.. cos later can b cover up by the flooring..

2) then HDB did the cement screeding in my room..

3) tiling of homos in rest of the areas..

4) kitchen cabinet base

5) aircon men do the laying of pippings, etc..

6) citygas install the gas pippings n connect n install the water heater

7) painting of walls

8) tat's all as of yest.. hahaha..

Hi Cindy.. my unit has very very little sunshine in the afternoon.. at most the sun can only shine in abt 1 foot loh.. not really warm.. if u wanna feel it.. can arrange for 1 of the weekend afternoon to go up my place.. :furious:

Hi, XLAN.

Why need to lay SCV points? I thought it is provided for all the rooms including the kitchen and household shelter by HDB? Sorry if I am asking a silly qns..I really dun know... :furious:

Thank you.

Edited by alpha2001