Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyof4

Our 2 Storey Abode

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ur kid is so cute. i want one soon! hehe

ur reno works looks very extensive and happy for u on the progress...

quick quick go jia you! buy some chocolate and oysters! :P

As for the house...I love it too much!!! Even my gal kept asking me when we are going to stay there! haha...

Hubby updated me this morning that the o/s elect works are all done. today shall be some small little going-ons. I hope by wednesday everything will be swee swee!

Wow... your kitchen looking VERY good!!!! Love it.

I think overall your reno works are one of the best for Uncle. Not much hiccups and good carpentry works. :)

And such good inspection by elder goh and Joseph. Swee Swee.

Wow... your kitchen looking VERY good!!!! Love it.

I think overall your reno works are one of the best for Uncle. Not much hiccups and good carpentry works. :)

And such good inspection by elder goh and Joseph. Swee Swee.

Thanks Wendy! Copied some of your ideas. Due to the layout of my kitchen, I can't do it the way I wanted, so bobian, stick to the same layout just playing with the space.

I actually love the Aventos HL...kept playing with it and even Hubby loves it!

yes... i spy your Aventos HL.. :good: . I want too...hee..hee.. but I dont have any overhead hanging cabinets. So I just settle for BLUM normal one which is also very smooth and good.

How much is the Aventos system?

yes... i spy your Aventos HL.. :good: . I want too...hee..hee.. but I dont have any overhead hanging cabinets. So I just settle for BLUM normal one which is also very smooth and good.

How much is the Aventos system?

i actually got it at less than 400 for 2 sets :) so happy with it actually!

have to agree that yrs is one of the smoothest with good workmanship to boot. uncle pian xin ni and your ke ai kids. :)

haha...aubrey. Uncle mei you pian xin lah. He just didn't know that Ah Mei could give him so many problems. Like i shared on another thread, my dad told me my house has lesser hollow tiles issue is because i gave them sufficient time to finish up the masonry works. if u rush thru, there will be lotsa hollow tiles later on.

usually cement needs time to "eat in" or settle down after tiling. If you start drilling the next 2 days, tiles around the area will be hollow. and if there are people walking on the tiles after it was laid, tiles will be uneven and will cause problems like leg cutting tiles.

True enough, even elder goh was telling me he does not see that I have many of such problems because I didn't make them rush thru masonry works. That explains a standstill of my reno. after tiling, there were a few days of little or no work at all...

OKIES! *must take photo this time...*

OK!! we got take pic at Manpuku liao mah. :P

This time grab Fannie's cuties to take pics too!

haha...aubrey. Uncle mei you pian xin lah. He just didn't know that Ah Mei could give him so many problems. Like i shared on another thread, my dad told me my house has lesser hollow tiles issue is because i gave them sufficient time to finish up the masonry works. if u rush thru, there will be lotsa hollow tiles later on.

usually cement needs time to "eat in" or settle down after tiling. If you start drilling the next 2 days, tiles around the area will be hollow. and if there are people walking on the tiles after it was laid, tiles will be uneven and will cause problems like leg cutting tiles.

True enough, even elder goh was telling me he does not see that I have many of such problems because I didn't make them rush thru masonry works. That explains a standstill of my reno. after tiling, there were a few days of little or no work at all...

Yalor, i agree with Fannie. Aubrey, i dun think uncle bian xin lah, he also loves u enough to subsidise ur rental a little. Was just plain unexpected that Ah Mei gave him so much problem. Think of the better side, he changed him away for u! :P

u gals will be disappointed...my kids not going up over the weekend! hehe...cleaning lah...don't want them to be there also.

u can actually see their pics on FB! hehe...

No one told me about the giving more time for the masonry works.. hmmm.. My installation of the fittings was done the next day after the tiling completed for my toilets.. And indeed I have a lot of hollow tiles..

actually u are right about the tiling as in, there were lots of people walking all over and stepping on the tiles. I believe my wall tiles in kitchen were much better since the drilling came in much later. to be honest, i did not check for hollow tiles much. the master tiler is good but i believe the constant walking around on the tiles does affect it and im guilty of walking on it too!

on hindsight i should have asked for perhaps a 1 & 1/2 month stay to give uncle ample time to do the job. pity i did not. well what's done is done so just gotta make the best of the present situation.

and fannie, i will be pian xin to you the moment i see your adorable kids!! esp your boy. too cute already!! :D

No one told me about the giving more time for the masonry works.. hmmm.. My installation of the fittings was done the next day after the tiling completed for my toilets.. And indeed I have a lot of hollow tiles..

Uncle also didn't tell me. My dad told me to let them take their own sweet time and as usual didn't explain until i read so many ppl having hollow tiles issue and ask him if i should go up and check mine, he says no hurry then slowly explain to me.

actually u are right about the tiling as in, there were lots of people walking all over and stepping on the tiles. I believe my wall tiles in kitchen were much better since the drilling came in much later. to be honest, i did not check for hollow tiles much. the master tiler is good but i believe the constant walking around on the tiles does affect it and im guilty of walking on it too!

on hindsight i should have asked for perhaps a 1 & 1/2 month stay to give uncle ample time to do the job. pity i did not. well what's done is done so just gotta make the best of the present situation.

and fannie, i will be pian xin to you the moment i see your adorable kids!! esp your boy. too cute already!! :D

so long as Uncle is willing to rectify, it's still not so bad :)

my boy...haha...he is super adorable to us too! Very cheeky and active...sometimes looking after him is more tiring then cleaning an EM!

Edited by familyof4

elder goh chatted with me for half an hour ytd about the tiling issue. i dont know about hollow tiles since i have not checked but i have lots of uneven tiles. he did not explain that but the constant walking on freshly laid tiles makes sense. :)

dont worry!!! im ok, in fact happy that ur works went smooth. i dont really want to keep calling uncle too, think he is scared of me. a pity i cant go since this weekend they are coming to fix up my tiles. :)