Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

Today got a few surprises today.. Both pleasant and unpleasant..

All the false partitions are up and big lobangs are also mended.. So tomorrow shall be the day to start painting.. Hope to see the nice coat of paint that i have chosen.. Looking forward..

About my hollow tiles in the toilets, some of them are removed today with the installed fittings removed.. So now quite a number of fittings are lying around and unprotected.. aiyo.. quite depressed to see them in that state.. So didn't take any photo.. Hopefully, tomorrow the tiler uncle can mend the tiles.. Heard from him that some tiles become hollow because of the drilling of the screws of the fittings.. The uncle is very nice to replace most of the serious hollow tiles.. Some cannot removed esp. those behind the toilet bowl.. Think it should be OK bah.. The funniest thing is that Uncle Soon called the tiler uncle to tell him that the toilet tiles all popped out and got the tiler uncle really panicky when he came over to inspect.. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Today got a few surprises today.. Both pleasant and unpleasant..

All the false partitions are up and big lobangs are also mended.. So tomorrow shall be the day to start painting.. Hope to see the nice coat of paint that i have chosen.. Looking forward..

About my hollow tiles in the toilets, some of them are removed today with the installed fittings removed.. So now quite a number of fittings are lying around and unprotected.. aiyo.. quite depressed to see them in that state.. So didn't take any photo.. Hopefully, tomorrow the tiler uncle can mend the tiles.. Heard from him that some tiles become hollow because of the drilling of the screws of the fittings.. The uncle is very nice to replace most of the serious hollow tiles.. Some cannot removed esp. those behind the toilet bowl.. Think it should be OK bah.. The funniest thing is that Uncle Soon called the tiler uncle to tell him that the toilet tiles all popped out and got the tiler uncle really panicky when he came over to inspect.. :D

at least rectifications are fast....

at least rectifications are fast....

Yup.. Pretty fast this time round.. But hopefully I can see the tiles back nicely today.. :)

Two electrician uncles came today and the necessary switches were more or less up.. For some of the old and yellowish switch boxes, the electrician also changed for us.. Since we are not doing major wiring overhaul.. think by tomorrow they should be able to finish liao.. A different tiler uncle came today and he seemed pretty slow because so far he only mended 2 areas of tiles.. Probably because he's trying very hard not to affect the unaffected tiles.. Hope he can slowly slowly mend up and dun lose any of the fittings screws and brackets..

Think painters will come tomorrow to start the paint job.. Smartie will meet up with Ah Wei tomorrow to settle our carpentry.. Smartie had drawn out all the drawings with measurements.. We had also completed our laminate choice with earth colours as a guideline.. So hope that the meetup can be smooth sailing with minimal changes to our ideas.. :)

at least seems like things are starting to get moving....very soon can see the carpentry works....

Hope to see the carpentry slowly comes up like yours.. I will definitely inspect the wood.. haha.. :)

Hope to see the carpentry slowly comes up like yours.. I will definitely inspect the wood.. haha.. :)

aubrey in a good way have educate all of us on the quality of the wood used...most of the times we just leave it to the contractor to handle....at least now they know consumers not gong gong one....

hey booy, your progress is very fast leh...come to think of it...mine is not that fast :( but ok lah, so long as I get everything swee swee and be able to shift in I am ok.

aubrey in a good way have educate all of us on the quality of the wood used...most of the times we just leave it to the contractor to handle....at least now they know consumers not gong gong one....

Yup yup.. We are smart smart consumers.. :D

hey booy, your progress is very fast leh...come to think of it...mine is not that fast :( but ok lah, so long as I get everything swee swee and be able to shift in I am ok.

Because mine is not a major overhaul.. Not much hacking.. So far the progress is quite OK.. Yours is progressing well given that it is an overhaul... :)

Today finally met up with Ah Wei, the carpenter.. He's younger than what I tot.. hee.. Anyway, I think he's very happy to meet us.. haha.. Because he don't really need to draw anything for us to see.. Smartie had drew everything for him.. haha.. And we have also passed our laminate choices to him.. Also even chose the MBR wardrobe insides + the seatie's cushion colour.. So he can start work tomorrow liao.. Hopefully, if as planned, I should see the carpentry in my house for installation by 16-Jun.. :yamseng:

But two pretty sad news..

1) My dream of full flushed mirrored door for the MBR wardrobe is gone.. Ah Wei said that full flushed mirrored door is very easily broken because there isn't much support.. So I add two metal strips, one on top and one towards the bottom to better support the mirror..

2) My feature wall design needs slight change because the partition wall behind might not have sufficient support for my ideal feature wall.. Now I start to wonder if the suggested design looks nice or not.. hmmm...

For painting, there are painting job being done to the ceiling.. But we dun know who's the painter till now as we never have the chance to meet them yet.. They are so mysterious to us.. hee.. :)

The project of mending tiles is also completed.. But there are some grouting not done.. So the tiler uncle needs to come back again bah...

mmm seems like your meeting with Ah Wei went well! congrats... I think carpentry is the most exciting? :)

Long time no see ya.. :) Yup.. A very fruitful meeting indeed.. It's definitely interesting.. With Ah Wei, I can feel more security in my carpentry..

hmm...I agree that it is good to discuss with him. He also told me some of the things that I wanted are not possible n won't last.

mm ya. Although it's a little disappointing to hear when some of our dream things cannot be done or not feasible structurally but I think it's much better to be a little disappointed now than to be VERY upset later when the thing collapses or what. :P

indeed, i think the pros can really tell us newbies what r feasible and wat r not. Otherwise in time to come we will be cursing why didnt they warn us beforehand!

Booy, smartie is really :good: Show us some of his drawings leh...