Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

Finally met the painters today.. Three malay guys.. The head is pretty meticulous in painting and remove the stains off.. Though I can still find a bit of paint here and there on the doors and frames.. hee.. Today, mainly the living room is almost done.. They said they should be able to finish on Monday.. So looks like Monday will have the fresh coat of paint for the entire house.. I must make an effort to go down during lunch on Monday liao.. :)

Met Uncle Soon today, but he didn't have much time to entertain me as usual.. He asks me to direct all my questions to Joseph.. Only big problem then let him know.. So looks like I will only see Uncle towards the end or when there's really BIG problem.. :D

The painting mess

DSC00328.jpg

More photos of the fresh coat in Living room

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hmm...I agree that it is good to discuss with him. He also told me some of the things that I wanted are not possible n won't last.

mm ya. Although it's a little disappointing to hear when some of our dream things cannot be done or not feasible structurally but I think it's much better to be a little disappointed now than to be VERY upset later when the thing collapses or what. :P

Really a bit upsetting.. But well we tot of a new design for the Living room feature wall so I called Ah Wei up to see if that can be done.. Sounds feasible.. So will wait for him to get back to us again..

I rather I know the consequences than blaming him for not informing me in the future.. :)

indeed, i think the pros can really tell us newbies what r feasible and wat r not. Otherwise in time to come we will be cursing why didnt they warn us beforehand!

Booy, smartie is really :good: Show us some of his drawings leh...

I must say Ah Wei is really quite good.. He can share valuable advice with us..

For the carpentry, it's just simple 2D drawings with the cabinet/wardrobe layout and measurements drawn to scale.. Not those 3D kind this time round.. But seems like it's good for him.. I'm not doing kitchen.. so easier to draw for Smartie..

Went to Furniture Mall today (for the 3rd or 4th time in the past few months) and finally bought a sofa that we like, fits our size requirements, and not so 'over-budget'. We are so glad that our sofa search has ended :)

DSC00330.JPG

DSC00329.JPG

Went to Furniture Mall today (for the 3rd or 4th time in the past few months) and finally bought a sofa that we like, fits our size requirements, and not so 'over-budget'. We are so glad that our sofa search has ended :)

DSC00330.JPG

DSC00329.JPG

Look very cozy n nice!! :good: How much u got it for?:)

still gets me wondering, why cant i be assigned ah wei. **** weird! why keep pushing ah di to me? must say ah di is quite on the ball. but input of design wise? like 10%. growl.

Look very cozy n nice!! :good: How much u got it for?:)

PM'ed you liao..

still gets me wondering, why cant i be assigned ah wei. **** weird! why keep pushing ah di to me? must say ah di is quite on the ball. but input of design wise? like 10%. growl.

Initally, they also dun let me take Ah Wei one.. Becos Uncle knew Ah Wei is very busy with quite a no. of carpentry on hand.. However, because Joseph took over as PM and he only works with Ah Wei, that's why we got him in the end.. Perhaps yours is more in a rush, therefore Uncle wanted somebody who is not so tied up to settle yours fast fast?

If you are really not comfortable with Ah Di, you better go and take a look at his workmanship fast.. Or else raise your concerns and be firm to tell Uncle that you want Ah Wei.. Ultimately, you are the one paying.. So must be firm on what you want and deserve..

i cant say im uncomfortable with him. just that i have never seen his works. at least for ah di i have seen it from familyof4's blog. uncle told me i can go and see but its at woodlands. i told uncle i can wait but he still say cannot. -_-

another weird thing is since uncle is so busy, he has not told me to call joseph either. i thought he might as me to call him or send him down so i can talk to him direct of my minor rectifications and get things moving. in the end i called elder goh, and elder goh told me to call him instead of uncle.

Booy! Your sofa very nice!! looks very comfy. You're getting it in this colour? mm House in fresh coat of paint looks very different hor. :)

i cant say im uncomfortable with him. just that i have never seen his works. at least for ah di i have seen it from familyof4's blog. uncle told me i can go and see but its at woodlands. i told uncle i can wait but he still say cannot. -_-

another weird thing is since uncle is so busy, he has not told me to call joseph either. i thought he might as me to call him or send him down so i can talk to him direct of my minor rectifications and get things moving. in the end i called elder goh, and elder goh told me to call him instead of uncle.

I can understand your worry with another carpenter that you dun know who is he... But I believe since Uncle already knew your tons of problems with carpentry, he wouldn't find another lousy one for you bah.. If you dun mind waiting, be firm to tell Uncle that you want Ah Wei, just him and no one else..

Booy! Your sofa very nice!! looks very comfy. You're getting it in this colour? mm House in fresh coat of paint looks very different hor. :)

Very nice sofa! I think this color matches the living rm color theme. R u sticking to this color?

The sofa looks so comfortable.

Thanks thanks.. We are in search of a sofa for almost 2 to 3 months.. So we are super duper happy to finally settle for one that both of us like.. It's not those usual boxy kinda of leather sofa and more modern looking.. It's a love at first sight for both of us..

This colour is very nice kinda of beige colour, under orange light, it's yellowish colour.. Quite to our theme as well.. But I find that this colour is too common, so I top up to change a more earth colour that resembles brown and greyish kind.. And it matches to our living room feature wall colour.. :)

Thanks thanks.. We are in search of a sofa for almost 2 to 3 months.. So we are super duper happy to finally settle for one that both of us like.. It's not those usual boxy kinda of leather sofa and more modern looking.. It's a love at first sight for both of us..

This colour is very nice kinda of beige colour, under orange light, it's yellowish colour.. Quite to our theme as well.. But I find that this colour is too common, so I top up to change a more earth colour that resembles brown and greyish kind.. And it matches to our living room feature wall colour.. :)

the sofa looks very inviting....the seating part seems bigger than the usual sofa.... how much did you pay for it?

the sofa looks very inviting....the seating part seems bigger than the usual sofa.... how much did you pay for it?

Think the sofa seat size is pretty standard, not those exceptionally big kind.. perhaps the curving design makes it look bigger.. PM you the price.. :)

Updates for today..

Painting had completed for the entire house.. But because the plastering was not done to the entire wall, two walls are in quite a bad condition passing down from the previous owner.. Therefore, I requested for a complete wall plastering and re-painting for 2 walls.. After much complaints and pleading, finally Smartie allowed me to go ahead..

Met Joseph today to go through the lists of things that need to be done.. It's a list of nitty gritty things that need to be done before carpentry is up.. And he's very patient in listening to me and writing down everything..

And I propose a HO of 20-Jun.. If my carpentry dun delay, this date looks feasible so far.. Keeping my finger crossed..