Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tantc

Diy Club In Singapore

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi tantc, yeah I though it would be good business as currently no such in SG yet.

Sry late reply as just finish diy my house.

So anyone starting a fb group? Anyway guys have you heard if this site called instructable, it's a diy site, offers quite about of ideas and guide there.

cool my friend,

I just did a request join on the facebook group.

It's good to have a group of hobbyists share knowledge.

Is the above a guide rail for circular saw ? nice, where did you buy that ?

I started off doing cabinets for the house as well. Learnt along the way. Now I'm playing with recycled pallet wood. Next project might be a double decker bed probably from 1" plywood.

Guest Terence Ang

hi there,

Clive, when you mention 'fund'... you intend to try this out as a business which will eventually bear fruits ? that's a nice ambition. I have been to XPC by homefix and saw their setup. They offer the cheapest workshop sharing concept I see so far. About $300 per month.

Yeah, moonshine is right. Unless your have cheap space readily available, it would be a tough uphill battle. Equipment would cost a modest budget as well.... Buying table saw and planer, band saw, miter saw will cost quite abit. I think probably 6-7K to outfit a workshop for a start.

okie, if you guys do see potential in this. it's always great to organise coffee somewhere and if anything, we can share some experiences. I see possible revenue coming from conducting courses in woodworking or other DIY areas.

Start a email list ? mine is teck_chye@yahoo.com

btw, I find it hard to attach photos to this forum. I'll stick a photo from my facebook album.

11407022_10153126222369682_3736164721976

Let me know if you guys can see the above photo.

I have a modest workshop now utilising some free space. Got a rigged table saw, I bought a miter saw as well and I got a bunch of sander....

Nice, I started doing some wood working, work mainly with plywood. made a side table with drawers for my son.

Maybe we can start a FB group to share ideas?

I already a FB group but that mainly for my personal posting.

I will join if you or anyone here starts 1.

Picture of my stuff can be found here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/813906312016628/

11232723_10207101892615023_2564994716651

11220055_10207104780567220_4524918443167

11707513_10207214627673329_4109088943491

hi there,

Clive, when you mention 'fund'... you intend to try this out as a business which will eventually bear fruits ? that's a nice ambition. I have been to XPC by homefix and saw their setup. They offer the cheapest workshop sharing concept I see so far. About $300 per month.

Yeah, moonshine is right. Unless your have cheap space readily available, it would be a tough uphill battle. Equipment would cost a modest budget as well.... Buying table saw and planer, band saw, miter saw will cost quite abit. I think probably 6-7K to outfit a workshop for a start.

okie, if you guys do see potential in this. it's always great to organise coffee somewhere and if anything, we can share some experiences. I see possible revenue coming from conducting courses in woodworking or other DIY areas.

Start a email list ? mine is teck_chye@yahoo.com

btw, I find it hard to attach photos to this forum. I'll stick a photo from my facebook album.

11407022_10153126222369682_3736164721976

Let me know if you guys can see the above photo.

I have a modest workshop now utilising some free space. Got a rigged table saw, I bought a miter saw as well and I got a bunch of sander....

Edited by tantc

The bulk of the cost would be the rental and initial setup. Thats in case you want to do something properly, not just a place to "work" but also a place where like minded people can meet, sit down for a coffee and discuss ideas... That requires quite a lot of capital and the returns will not be quick...

Hey, this club is a great idea. whos heading this project. if its really going to happen, im interested to fund this business.

should we start a project team and elect a chair-person ?

hi,

haven't been here for literally several years..... found this old thread....

I have been pretty active in woodworking... hoped to post some photos of what I have done.....

lately I have been using pallet wood for making stuff... It's not easy to get your hands on those ordinary pallet, but I have seen some pallets (from US I think) made from very very nice pine.... those are not easy to come by..... or at least it's not easy for me to get my hands on them.....

if you drive around those industrial estate... you can get quite a bit.

by luck, I managed to get access to a sizable space which I plan to turn into a workshop.

I also went for the Home fix XPC tour and power tools 101 course as well. They have a very nice setup...

hope that after 5 long years, we can stir up woodworking hobby in Singapore again..... I basically cannot find any youtube channel etc on woodworking from Singapore..... maybe we can start 1 ?

Teck Chye

kappa is right, can easily find wooden pallets at warehouse area.

Right now, outside my office got 3 wooden pallets that's been there for a week but building cleaner lazy to dispose.