Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!

My reno going to start on 9 June 2010 and what puzzled me was, I only got my 3D drawing on my kitchen only. Yes! ONLY Kitchen. So I called my ID and ask about the rest like Toilet, Living room and Wardrode.

To my ultimate shocked of my life, they told me if the area does not have any caparenty works, no drawings will be provided. When asking about toilet, they told me even they draw out my tiles, we can see the tiles design and we only can see Black and White. I was like COWzzz...

The reason why I didn't tender the full height shoe cabinet and TV console caparenty job to them is bcos they are charging me $220/sq ft, which D@MN ex! Far far beyond outside standard market rate.

I even ask if we want them to draw out a proposed design on living room and etc, they say they are charging me $100 per drawing... Is there such thing? I thought as long as contact confirm, deopsit pay, they should be liabilty for the house design until handover?

Hence seek for comments on this issue. Is it really true that no carpentry = no 3D?

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::(

imo, 3d is just for u to see what the place will look like after they completed the reno. if u did not do anything with them in the area, then there is no need for them to provide u with the 3d right?

for my tv console, i was charged 120pfr and full height feature wall is priced at 180pfr

full height shoe cabinet is 220pfr which is the same price as urs

Edited by wolflet

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
imo, 3d is just for u to see what the place will look like after they completed the reno. if u did not do anything with them in the area, then there is no need for them to provide u with the 3d right?

for my tv console, i was charged 120pfr and full height feature wall is priced at 180pfr

Hi wolflet thanks for enlighten me. Seems like me and my wife are barking at the wrong tree.

My Tiles...

Living Room and all Bedroom + Main Entrance Floor Tiles

SNC00195.jpg

Kitchen Floor + Wall Tilles

SNC00191.jpg

Common Toilet B/W Wall + Floor Tiles

SNC00189.jpg

Mbr Toilet B/W Wall + Floor Tiles

SNC00187.jpg

Hi sunnytan31,

Where did you get your tile ? Is it from Hua Khian Co. http://www.huakhian.com.sg/ ?

Our toilet is also using the same flower design but is in red/white:

kitchenBR-1.jpg

Hi sunnytan31,

Where did you get your tile ? Is it from Hua Khian Co. http://www.huakhian.com.sg/ ?

Our toilet is also using the same flower design but is in red/white:

kitchenBR-1.jpg

Nope, mine is from Choon Bee Huat @ Toh Guan. Quite popular design thou...

Edited by sunnytan31

If the owner is changing the tiles, shouldn't it warrant for a 3D? The owner need to *approximately* visualize how the rooms would be with new tiles (and maybe new color of paint).

IMO, it's a case of different expectation. If it's an empty bedroom or basic toilet, there's no harm for ID to give you the 3D since it'd be very simple (2-3 hours man hour).

Nope, mine is from Choon Bee Huat @ Toh Guan. Quite popular design thou...

Hi sunnytan31,

Thanks, how much is the tile for psf ? I'm going to renovate my house probably next week at jw too so need to compare the price.

Hi sunnytan31,

Thanks, how much is the tile for psf ? I'm going to renovate my house probably next week at jw too so need to compare the price.

Eh... I not very sure on the actually price but roughly..

Living and Bedrooms flooring - $2.50 psf

Main Entrance flooring - $5.50 psf

Kitchen and toilet flooring - $2.80 psf

Kitchen and toilet wall tiles - $2.80 psf

Cheers...

If the owner is changing the tiles, shouldn't it warrant for a 3D? The owner need to *approximately* visualize how the rooms would be with new tiles (and maybe new color of paint).

IMO, it's a case of different expectation. If it's an empty bedroom or basic toilet, there's no harm for ID to give you the 3D since it'd be very simple (2-3 hours man hour).

Accordingly to my ID, they say they don't have an in-house designer so they enage freelancer to draw for them. If I request 3D for bathroom and living, they will charged me $100 per drawing.

Hey hey... Manage to grab those foreign workers to assist to empty my house. Their foreman charging me $200 for 6 workers to clear everything in 3hours whereas my ID charging me disposal @ $800. :curse: (At times I'm wondering did I shortlist the right ID)

Everything includes Bar counter, tv console, kitchen cabinet, full height wardrode, sofa and etc.

Later 10am air-con dismantle and at 1pm foreign workers will start work and concurrently, my ID will do a final detail measurement. Nonetheless, before hacking starts, I will snap many pre-reno photos...

Edited by sunnytan31

*Salute*

How did you manage to source for foreign workers x 6 to work for 3 hrs for 200? This is like labor chg $10 per hour per person. Not bad at all

Their jobs are basically to move the non-built in furniture out to the rubbish chute?

IDs, Main-Cons will mark up on cost to make profit. This is actually inevitable. At the end of the day there are pro and cons.

Edited by velv

*Salute*

How did you manage to source for foreign workers x 6 to work for 3 hrs for 200? This is like labor chg $10 per hour per person. Not bad at all

Their jobs are basically to move the non-built in furniture out to the rubbish chute?

IDs, Main-Cons will mark up on cost to make profit. This is actually inevitable. At the end of the day there are pro and cons.

I approach one of the workers when they are clearing the rubbish chute at my blk. Then he called his supervisor lor. In actual fact, $10/hr for them is very very high liao... 3 hrs pay is like there 1 week salary bah... Nevertheless, they are humans and I'm happy with the $$ savings so I don't mind as long as I comfortable working with them.

Removal inclusive built in cabinets, e.g. kitchen cabinets. They named this job as "Empty House". =D

Edited by sunnytan31

Just now, air-con has been taken down and safe-keep by my aircon contractor... Next, afternoon will be foreign workers "emptying" my unit.

Photo on aircon during disamantle this morning...

Fan coil in MBR

IMG_2612.JPG

Fan coil in BR 1

IMG_2611.JPG

The foreign workers will clear these....

LR - TV Console, Bar Counter and rubbish at the side

IMG_2648.JPG

LR - Leather Sofa and Coffee Table

IMG_2647.JPG

MBR - Queen Size bed frame and Dressing Table

IMG_2641.JPG