Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

good for u....can start reno....

go thru your quotation ...find that the price is reasonable cos this is whole house reno...cost u $33k exclude electrical works...is there any GST?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
oh, why portable air-con?

from what i had gathered, it is anything but portable. :P

pardon my view, but using a mixture of downlights and ceiling lights will make the room look "unbalanced".

second that...my MIL used to have a portable aircon and it became a white elephant after a couple of uses.

maybe u can reduce the number of ceiling lights...IMHO, it's a little overwelming...

pardon my view, but using a mixture of downlights and ceiling lights will make the room look "unbalanced".

no pipes, but uses more electricity. have to constantly top up water.

agree with the mix of downlights and ceiling hamburger lights, but understand the budget point of view

actually, i think you should get ceiling fan with lights instead.

ever considered alpha v6?

blackv6.jpg

$290 each :D

Edited by ossify

I wished I can go for a proper Inverter System 4 but resale unit have limited electric current. For my unit, I only can install a max 8.5A a/c system. If I go for Mit Inv Sys 4, 30K BTU compressor (3HP), its optimal cooling is at 11A but this unit can set to run at 8.5A and of cos BTU compensated lor. My dream is the 38K BTU compressor (4HP) but running current is 15A and cannot set to run at 8.5A.

For the splendid portable a/c, it has an outdoor unit and capable to cool up to 600sqm with running current 5.5A for 15K btu but price near $3K. My frd has one, really very efficient and that's y I'm considering.

Hi ossify, qim, sam and all,

Appreciate everyone comments on the number of lights, will re-consider.

My objective is to have a bright bright house but not everyday so bright. Too much UV.

I'm still considering whether to get the "hamburger" light or "trendy" rectangular light or take it away and left only downlight.

For living room, without the 2 additional lights, can all those downlights bright up the whole living area (6m x 6m)?

For room, I guess the foyer lights is not enuff the brighten the whole room. So....

Edited by sunnytan31

good for u....can start reno....

go thru your quotation ...find that the price is reasonable cos this is whole house reno...cost u $33k exclude electrical works...is there any GST?

No GST. Electrical, network, telephone and SCV very likely I will do-it-myself bcos too many additional points. If outsource, it can cost me a BOMB.

Take example network point, 1 point cost $80, estimate total 10 points will cost me $800. 1 box of lan cable (abt 300M) cost ard $100. I might be doing some video stream at hme so wireless not recommended. =)

I wished I can go for a proper Inverter System 4 but resale unit have limited electric current. For my unit, I only can install a max 8.5A a/c system. If I go for Mit Inv Sys 4, 30K BTU compressor (3HP), its optimal cooling is at 11A but this unit can set to run at 8.5A and of cos BTU compensated lor. My dream is the 38K BTU compressor (4HP) but running current is 15A and cannot set to run at 8.5A.

For the splendid portable a/c, it has an outdoor unit and capable to cool up to 600sqm with running current 5.5A for 15K btu but price near $3K. My frd has one, really very efficient and that's y I'm considering.

what's the wattage per hour for the splendid portable a/c?

Hi ossify, qim, sam and other,

Appreciate everyone comments on the number of lights, will re-consider.

My objective is to have a bright bright house but not everyday so bright. Too much UV.

I'm still considering whether to get the "hamburger" light or "trendy" rectangular light or take it away and left only downlight.

For living room, without the 2 additional lights, can all those downlights bright up the whole living area (6m x 6m)?

For room, I guess the foyer lights is not enuff the brighten the whole room. So....

bro, if you free, come see my v6 :D it's bright enough for normal use.

what's the wattage per hour for the splendid portable a/c?

Bro, I didn't ask leh... But thru calculation, is 230V x 5.5A = 1265W, almost same as a vaacum cleaner. =)

No GST. Electrical, network, telephone and SCV very likely I will do-it-myself bcos too many additional points. If outsource, it can cost me a BOMB.

Take example network point, 1 point cost $80, estimate total 10 points will cost me $800. 1 box of lan cable (abt 300M) cost ard $100. I might be doing some video stream at hme so wireless not recommended. =)

wow, u are electrical trained? :)

10 lan points...i would have thought you are running a LAN shop. :P

V6 would be a good idea, if you like the look. Most people do not require very bright bed rooms, so supplement it with downlights would be good enough. I had wanted the V6 initially as well, but my ceiling is super duper low @ 2.37m. So decided to stick to kdk baby fan.

Manage to find some photo taken right after handling & taking over of ownership.

Living Room - 1 (Main & Kitchen Entrance)

P1030282.JPG

Living Room - 2 (Bar Counter & Balcony Entrance)

P1030285.JPG

Bedroom 2

P1030289.JPG

The Lovely, Expensive but UGLY Marble Flooring

P1030292.JPG

Will take more photos before reno commences...

Manage to find some photo taken right after handling & taking over of ownership.

Living Room - 1 (Main & Kitchen Entrance)

P1030282.JPG

Living Room - 2 (Bar Counter & Balcony Entrance)

P1030285.JPG

The Lovely, Expensive but UGLY Marble Flooring

P1030292.JPG

Will take more photos before reno commences...

Wah the brwn small mosaic tiles near the main entrance is so retro and yesteryears. The bar counter too. :D

My new place also got marble flooring. Just like what u said, lovely, ex but dam ugly! I'm hacking mine.