Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
almondeye

Normal For Seller To Help Buyer Apply Reno Permit?

Would like to query on the following:

Buyer of my flat has requested to use my name to help apply the reno permit for them, fearing that they may not have enough time to get the flat ready if they only submit the reno permit on day of completion itself.buyer doing contra.

Is it normal and safe if I do agree to help? Will there be any implications?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Buyer of my flat has requested to use my name to help apply the reno permit for them, fearing that they may not have enough time to get the flat ready if they only submit the reno permit on day of completion itself.buyer doing contra.

As a buyer myself, I did that and seller felt "obligated"- I gave seller my contacts directly for trust. Also provided seller can vacant house in advance. Should be save enough. Possible "dangers" are:

- Complaints from neighbours (noise, untidy..)

- Lift jam

- Falling objects

- neighbour underneath, tiolet leak/jam...

Edited by bepgof

It is normal for some buyer to raise that request but it is not a must that seller must agree.

My buyer did ask for it but I reject.

B'coz Reno permit is submit under my name. Before 2nd appointment, I'm still the owner of the house. Any **** I will be facing it.

When nothing wrong, no one complain

when thing goes wrong, finger start to point. But for HDB, they only point 1 direction. Who submit the reno permit.

U

for such instances, HDB has a standard indemnity form for the sellers to sign, to indemnify themselves from any damages caused by the buyer's reno. make sure the buyer lets u sign this form and gives u a copy.

such arrangement cuts both ways. but based on wat i'm told, the buyer actually has more to lose. cos when reno starts, n if reno is completed before HDB 2nd appt, if sth goes wrong with the sale and the transaction is cancelled, the flat is returned to the seller fully-renovated but the buyer still has to pay his contractor for all the works done. even if not fully-renovated, the seller would have oredi gained whatever works was done. they just engage another contractor to finish up the job. it's like getting a new flat w/o paying for the whole reno.

minor issues to settle is PUB bills, S&CC, property tax etc. who pays for all these? legally, seller is still liable. but unit oredi handed over to buyer, so shldnt buyer be paying for all these?

I'm also requesting my seller to allow us to apply reno permit first, but we will only start the work upon completion (2nd appt)

Pray and hope seller agrees!

minor issues to settle is PUB bills, S&CC, property tax etc. who pays for all these? legally, seller is still liable. but unit oredi handed over to buyer, so shldnt buyer be paying for all these?

Buyer can apply for new account with SP Services cos the person who apply need not be owner. It can be anyone or the tenant. I applied with SP services one day before completion. SP Services inform you do not need to submit any letter, just need to bring a copy of I/c. They will send an sms to the current owner that their account has been terminated and they are suppose to response if they object.

Buyer can apply for new account with SP Services cos the person who apply need not be owner. It can be anyone or the tenant. I applied with SP services one day before completion. SP Services inform you do not need to submit any letter, just need to bring a copy of I/c. They will send an sms to the current owner that their account has been terminated and they are suppose to response if they object.

i feel that if the seller can help the buyer it will be better. esp when the buyer need to do hacking. in the indeminity form. the renovation date can be after the 2nd appointment. this will put the seller in a safe spot. why can't the seller help in this???? i have a nice seller whose helping me to do that thou i have a super bad buyer for my unit. before submiting the actual copy, i email them a copy of the form too with the reno contractor company stamp on it. approving the form from the PE usually take about 4working days or more...

• Like 1

which rule and term and condition say seller MUST help buyer to apply reno permit?

Don't help will be classify as BAD or not nice seller?

i feel that if the seller can help the buyer it will be better. esp when the buyer need to do hacking. in the indeminity form. the renovation date can be after the 2nd appointment. this will put the seller in a safe spot. why can't the seller help in this???? i have a nice seller whose helping me to do that thou i have a super bad buyer for my unit. before submiting the actual copy, i email them a copy of the form too with the reno contractor company stamp on it. approving the form from the PE usually take about 4working days or more...

hmm .. that makes me a bad seller, bc I refused to let the buyer reno ahead of the completion date. Although there is a standard indemnity form, I believe it only serves to protect HDB. If nothing happens, good. If something happens, the form states very clearly that both buyer and seller and jointly responsible .. Why risk?

which rule and term and condition say seller MUST help buyer to apply reno permit?

Don't help will be classify as BAD or not nice seller?

which statement of mine indicate that not helping is a bad seller? it is a very open thing. don't help is still fine....just to each individual thinking

which statement of mine indicate that not helping is a bad seller? it is a very open thing. don't help is still fine....just to each individual thinking

read your whole post again.

Not just me feel that way

There are two situations here;

Buyer starts reno after second appointment and buyer wants to start reno before second appointment.

I am requesting the first from our seller. The second situation I would be much more wary with.

I can see very little reason why a seller would not be willing to help with the first as no work will be done before they move out and ownership is officially transferred. It just allows the reno work to start after the keys are in new owners hand rather than having to wait another few days for approval.

RB

Hi everyone, would like to check if this idemnity form still exist or HDB change rules on the idemnity form? My ID told me that there is some changes on the rules therefore they need e actual owner to take over before we can apply.

I will be getting my keys on 26th december and got the seller to sign on the renovation permit application form to start work on 27th december few weeks ago.

Will start hacking on 27th december!