Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

PP = Point and shoot photographer

Went to Xtra to look at the fans. Nice but way over my budget.

Lol i thought should be PS or P&S. There is another place with alot of Fan. Paya Ubi ave 3 but i cant remember the distributers name.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Defelio,

I see u make an open concept for ur kitchen.btw did u hacked the wall fully and make a false wall or hacked the wall halfway only. I wish to make open concept as urs but contractor said must hack the wall fully and make a false wall. I just wander if I don need to hack all and don need to built a false wall can save $ am I right?

Hi Abahq, nope i hack partial. I believe i cant hack the other half of the way as stated in the floorplan. Also it's also hacked in the middle half, retaining the below half of the wall intact. But still it doesn't make any sense to hack a concrete brick wall and build a false wall. Just to check, False wall is those made out of wood or he making another half concrete brick wall?? Maybe he smoking ya but ask him to explain why need to hack all. I also interested to know why.

The wall between my MBR and other room was hacked and built with those hollow bricks or something which i can't recall the actual name. There are restriction/regulation by hdb for building walls too, cannot be too heavy or thick or something.

Speaker for e phone? Wah.. How to find one to replace? But r u really using this phone to make calls? Or juz for deco? Haa

It's the ringer that is faulty. Need to go Sim Lim Tower to find one. Yup, we do use it =)

I can't recall the aircon guide I read about last time as all my 'favorites' are gone due to my old hdd crashing on my new system..

How about dining by the window and sofa by the bomb shelter?? Play around with the furniture and swap it around.

Suggested that to my wife. Immediate rejection. haha..

Hi Defelio,

I see u make an open concept for ur kitchen.btw did u hacked the wall fully and make a false wall or hacked the wall halfway only. I wish to make open concept as urs but contractor said must hack the wall fully and make a false wall. I just wander if I don need to hack all and don need to built a false wall can save $ am I right?

Hi^^

Sorry to reply on behalf, but we definitely can hack just half the wall cos I did it that way. Mine is premium bto which already come with flooring so hacking half wall only allows me to save on making good for floor. You can see my Tblog for the hack pictures to show ur contractor. Cheers !!

Sorry again for hijacking this post :)

Suggested that to my wife. Immediate rejection. haha..

lol it was just a idea plug from no where to give you an example. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi^^

Sorry to reply on behalf, but we definitely can hack just half the wall cos I did it that way. Mine is premium bto which already come with flooring so hacking half wall only allows me to save on making good for floor. You can see my Tblog for the hack pictures to show ur contractor. Cheers !!

Sorry again for hijacking this post :)

Nah no problem =)

Abahq, a link to her hacked walls.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44623&view=findpost&p=683900

Hi, for the row of smaller round downlight over at the living room aircon side, can you share with me which Philips model are those? thanks

Hi D2wntan, round and from Philips.

SandD_20111204_01740.jpg

SandD_20111204_01736.jpg

SandD_20111204_01738.jpg

SandD_20111023_00981.jpg

Hi Defelio,

Posted some qn to u regarding half wall for bar counter. Contractor said HDB asked to hack fully and construct the wall again using hollow block bricks. Tell him so many ple hack halfwall he said its actually illegal. Not sure about this tho.Feel like calling HDB and asked but who.to ask?? Btw may I know what is the height of.the open concept kitchen wall? Measure from floor to the counter top wooden ledge?

Hi Defelio,

Can you share the laminate codes for your feature wall and wooden ledge of your kitchen? I'm contemplating customizing furniture for my home and I like the colours of your laminates.

SandD_20111023_00981.jpg

Hi Defelio,

Posted some qn to u regarding half wall for bar counter. Contractor said HDB asked to hack fully and construct the wall again using hollow block bricks. Tell him so many ple hack halfwall he said its actually illegal. Not sure about this tho.Feel like calling HDB and asked but who.to ask?? Btw may I know what is the height of.the open concept kitchen wall? Measure from floor to the counter top wooden ledge?

i hacked half wall only. no need to hack everything and reconstuct. Not illegal as well as my contractor submit the drawing to HDB and got it approved without special instruction. Height of cabinet should be standard 34 inches. so bartop should be around 100cm to 110cm.

Hi,

Can I ask where u got your bar stool and how much was it?

Hi Leeking, we got it from Lorgan and it cost about $400.

Hi, for the row of smaller round downlight over at the living room aircon side, can you share with me which Philips model are those? thanks

Hi Hongge, the downlights along the living room and dining area are not from Philips, got it from JB. The ones shown in the pics are fbg 302 nickel c/w genie w/wh.

SandD_20111023_00981.jpg

Hi Defelio,

Hi Abahq, I asked my ID. He said why waste money to hack fully and re-construct the wall again using hollow bricks unless the wall is deem unsafe and unstable after hacking the middle half portion.

Sorry I didn't save the contact number of the person in giving approval to the hacking of my wall. Because there was some delay at HDB side, my ID advised me to call them to expedite the approval. try checking with your contractor.

Height to top is 109cm, height of my bar stools 76cm. Best to measure the height to your thighs when you are seated on your bar stool and give the some allowance.