Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

Hi defelio, I must commend that u have very interesting electrical appliances.... I like ur Tv and kettle :)

Hi Potatoes, thanks alot c",)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally and sorry for the long wait.

View from the living room.

SandD_20111023_01084.jpg

SandD_20111023_00981.jpg

Hi can i check with you howmuch did the contactor charge you for the ledge with extend from the side of your open concept kichen wall all the way to the top. I have a same idea and mu contractor want to charge me 1500 for the side and top ledge only

Hi can i check with you howmuch did the contactor charge you for the ledge with extend from the side of your open concept kichen wall all the way to the top. I have a same idea and mu contractor want to charge me 1500 for the side and top ledge only

Hi Brianho, $1500 seems kinda ex IMO. Well Douglas charged us alittle for top as we were already doing the ceiling since there were excess wood veneer. They measured and cut the top beam a tad too short and that was use for the right side. Then we requested for the left side too and Douglas kindly oblige us =)

Btw may I know how much u pay for ur master bed wardrobe n the study table ?

Pai Seh, I can't recall the cost for this. For sure the study table and shelf is slightly more ex ($20 odd more than the wardrobe). Calculated by the feet like the wardrobes.

Btw, can I ask how big your flat is?

Is it 92sqm living area? Cos I just went to see my 4-rm, seems to look alot smaller than yours.

Should be more or less the same. It's either 96sqm / 94sqm or 94sqm / 92sqm (Total include aircon ledge / without aircon ledge).

Well it has been a long while since I have updated this tblog ~~'

I finally magnetised that black board! instead of masking the edges, thank god we were able unscrew the whole board off the door as we were lazy to remove the cutesy setup..

Cleaning the black board with a damp cloth, letting it dry and giving it its first coat. After 1/2 hour, I took a magnet off the fridge to test it, I was like DAMM!!! It can't hold for the least bit.. :furious: I knew something was wrong and I remember Knownothing had issues with it. Shaking the tin can wasn't enough to break the meteorite looking bit...

IMG_9005.jpg

So I got the allen key for the ceiling fan and jam it into my B&D drill to give it a good good "swirl" :sport-smiley-004:

IMG_9008.jpg

IMG_9012.jpg

After some (20-30mins) mechanical stirring and the chunk still persist. Poking into it with a screw driver doesn't helps either. So I grab my long screw driver and a ice pick tool to break that chunk into smaller bits. I might say this is the most important step if anyone wanna try this.

Effective mechanical stirring in action. (Pai Seh for the OOF shot, left hand holding drill and right hand holding cam, too dirty to get the tripod and other gears out)

IMG_9013.jpg

IMG_9021.jpg

These were taken long ago but I was busy with our wedding at that point of time, somehow forgot to post this =S

SandD_20111204_01746.jpg

SandD_20111204_01750.jpg

Love the curves and the simplicity of it just by hanging from a "knob" :wub:

SandD_20111204_01768.jpg

lesbrothers_4.gif

Yup, it still works! This gives your fingers a good workout too! The keys layout/format is in QWERTZ where Z is more commonly used than Y.

SandD_20111204_01772.jpg

Hi there,

I came across your post and read all 12 pages in one go. I think this is by far, the t-blog which I can identify most with :)

just some quick questions when you have the time to answer:

1 - Philips downlight is it LED? Do you find it sufficiently bright?

2 - How did you change the electrical plug for the Swiss Citiz edition? Just by cutting off the original and replacing it with the usual UK-type plug head?

Thank you

Cheers

Hi there,

I came across your post and read all 12 pages in one go. I think this is by far, the t-blog which I can identify most with :)

just some quick questions when you have the time to answer:

1 - Philips downlight is it LED? Do you find it sufficiently bright?

2 - How did you change the electrical plug for the Swiss Citiz edition? Just by cutting off the original and replacing it with the usual UK-type plug head?

Thank you

Cheers

Hi Wally168, thank you for taking time to do so ;)

I'm not using any LED for downlights(less the kitchen). So I can't really give first hand comment on that. I do know that LED brightness and colour can't compare to Halogen but halogen bulbs are power leeches. Deal Extreme sells alot of LED bulbs

I didn't change the electrical plug for the Swiss Citiz edition, I got this adapter, must get with the one with the 2 hole at the mid bottom of the adapter plug.

IMG_9056.jpg

Hey Defelio, your place is looking good as usual. Updated this post with new pics! Thanks again for letting me feature your retrolicious place on my blog. :yamseng:

http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/renoblog-defelios-mid-century-modern-home-in-jadespring/

Hi hi! Nah can't compare to yours =)

I like how you did your dish rack by having a clean line without the drop down like mine =S. A longer (width) with 2 different height of racks.

I like Lieblingsg’s place too and that SMEG fridge is gorgeous but cramp in storage space. I have not check out your blog for quite some time liao ~~' Thanks for sharing =)

Hi hi! Nah can't compare to yours =)

I like how you did your dish rack by having a clean line without the drop down like mine =S. A longer (width) with 2 different height of racks.

I like Lieblingsg’s place too and that SMEG fridge is gorgeous but cramp in storage space. I have not check out your blog for quite some time liao ~~' Thanks for sharing =)

You are being humble. I'm waiting for u to announce that your place will be appearing in [insert name] mag soon!

Yeah I also have reservations about his SMEG fridge, no matter how nice it looks. The kitchen equipment is absolutely drool-worthy tho... he even shipped in a Clei bed! Amazing. I wish I had that kind of budget... I would get a Clei guest bed/sofa too.

You are being humble. I'm waiting for u to announce that your place will be appearing in [insert name] mag soon!

Yeah I also have reservations about his SMEG fridge, no matter how nice it looks. The kitchen equipment is absolutely drool-worthy tho... he even shipped in a Clei bed! Amazing. I wish I had that kind of budget... I would get a Clei guest bed/sofa too.

Nah, no la ~~'

We feel that the SMEG fridge is more suitable for one - two pax and we would consider it if situations allows, also need to squeeze the budget abit. Got that kind of budget doesn't mean got taste (like your neighbour)but usually that kind of budget more or less swee swee de. At least he got very good taste and not forgetting you of course =)

Well taste is individual too, one man's meat is another man's poison. :yamseng: