Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

Hi Defelio,

Can you share the laminate codes for your feature wall and wooden ledge of your kitchen? I'm contemplating customizing furniture for my home and I like the colours of your laminates.

Hi Rain, sorry it has been a long time ago and I don't have the codes for the laminates, the laminate samples have been returned. What kind of furniture are you pondering to customise?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Rain, sorry it has been a long time ago and I don't have the codes for the laminates, the laminate samples have been returned. What kind of furniture are you pondering to customise?

I'll probably customize a shoe cabinet and bomb shelter feature wall. My house is quite dark so I will have to use very light wood colour. Your feature wall seems like a good colour with some wood grains on it so wanted to find out which laminate you had used. Can you share how much the feature wall cost? Thanks!

I'll probably customize a shoe cabinet and bomb shelter feature wall. My house is quite dark so I will have to use very light wood colour. Your feature wall seems like a good colour with some wood grains on it so wanted to find out which laminate you had used. Can you share how much the feature wall cost? Thanks!

I had asked Defelio before and he informed his shoes cabinet laminate is from EDL, not sure did he mentioned the name maybe u can search the earlier post. That time I thought the laminate comes with the black line but then actually they are groove created specially so must be not cheap ^^

Good luck... :)

I had asked Defelio before and he informed his shoes cabinet laminate is from EDL, not sure did he mentioned the name maybe u can search the earlier post. That time I thought the laminate comes with the black line but then actually they are groove created specially so must be not cheap ^^

Ya I saw his reply on EDL, was hoping for the specific code or colour because the range was so wide. I also read that you mentioned that your contractor or ID said that it's expensive. Am curious exactly how expensive it is :)

Ya I saw his reply on EDL, was hoping for the specific code or colour because the range was so wide. I also read that you mentioned that your contractor or ID said that it's expensive. Am curious exactly how expensive it is :)

Hi, yup as what Pinkwhale mentioned(Thanks Pink :yamseng: ), the grooves was cut and highlighted. I can't recall was it being charge more than the usual. I just check my quotation and it cost $2100. Hope that helps. c",)

Edited by Defelio

Hi, yup as what Pinkwhale mentioned(Thanks Pink :yamseng: ), the grooves was cut and highlighted. I can't recall was it being charge more than the usual. I just check my quotation and it cost $2100. Hope that helps. c",)

Thanks! And it includes a hidden shoe cabinet! A good price I thought.

Hi Abahq, I asked my ID. He said why waste money to hack fully and re-construct the wall again using hollow bricks unless the wall is deem unsafe and unstable after hacking the middle half portion.

Sorry I didn't save the contact number of the person in giving approval to the hacking of my wall. Because there was some delay at HDB side, my ID advised me to call them to expedite the approval. try checking with your contractor.

Height to top is 109cm, height of my bar stools 76cm. Best to measure the height to your thighs when you are seated on your bar stool and give the some allowance.

Hi,

Thanks for lots of info and helps from you guys. Really appreciate alot.

Deposit a coin and it goes DING! I usually tell my friends that SGD$1 sounds best! :rolleyes:

SandD_20111204_01762.jpg

SandD_20111204_01781.jpg

SandD_20111204_01795.jpg

SandD_20111204_01790-.jpg

SandD_20111204_01803.jpg

May i knw where can get the big momo bear? how much?

May i knw where can get the big momo bear? how much?

Hi,we got it a few years back from one of the toy shops in China Town where all the toy shops are but there aren't much selling be@rbrick nowadays from what I seen a few months back. It cost about $500.

You can try to find it on ebay.

SandD_20111023_00981.jpg

HI,

I notice the woodgrain is the same for your door, kitchen ledge top, and foyer top.

I like the color very much. Is it also from EDL? or you rem where you got it?

SandD_20111023_00981.jpg

HI,

I notice the woodgrain is the same for your door, kitchen ledge top, and foyer top.

I like the color very much. Is it also from EDL? or you rem where you got it?

Hi Samich, yup it's the same but it isn't a laminate. It's actually wood verneer and being varnish or lacquer.

We actually went to a Sungei Kadut St 1 to choose which I can't recall where exactly and I don't have their contact anymore. It a warehouse on the far end, left side, inside the huge compound share by others. Do note that the wood verneer is more fragile/softer as compared to laminates and it is almost paper thin. Also the colour you choose will be darker after being varnish/laquer. :yamseng:

Hi love your house a lot! How do you hang stuff like mirror, clock on your brick wall? Did you nail in during or after the brick wall is up? Cos My Contractor says have to know exactly where I want to hang my painting so that he can do the brick wall around it, otherwise if I nail in after the brick wall is up, the structure of the bricks will crack or loosen.

Hi, i saw ur interesting n practical design for your shoe cabinet. Mind if u cn share the measurements, i would like to adopt a similar style but afraid my ID would get it all wrong. Thanks in afvance.