Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Mine 5K is include solid teak wooden steps n hacking n redo all my stairs.

Hi Mymoonlighting

How about the Professional Engineer's fees for endorsement the structural hacking and construct? Is it includes in the 5k.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haha, it all depends on the market value by then ba.... U got the intention to sell your house ah....:)

Ya, in this aspect I do agree with you, like wat my Hubb say, now he had spend close to 100k (cov+renov+furnishing) next time he wan sell he also wan to get this amount..... Bt I told him he can dream about selling this place cos this is my 4th house and north south east west I have stay before Liao which no way I wan move AGAIN........hahaha....

Well, it is always a matter of perspective ya? Buy low sell high, etc.

So don't scold the sellers too much. Unless you are willing to sell low next time, else just wish them good luck and move on.

As for my place, in this market a 6 fig COV is easily achievable. Not easy to find something similar at this price tho so no plans to move unless I find something I like better.

Was quite amused to read this today:http://business.asiaone.com/A1Business/Property/News/Story/A1Story20121010-376698.html

Mine 5K is include solid teak wooden steps n hacking n redo all my stairs.

What sort of railings are you doing?

So don't scold the sellers too much. Unless you are willing to sell low next time, else just wish them good luck and move on.

As for my place, in this market a 6 fig COV is easily achievable. Not easy to find something similar at this price tho so no plans to move unless I find something I like better.

Was quite amused to read this today:http://business.asiaone.com/A1Business/Property/News/Story/A1Story20121010-376698.html

Wow, a million bucks good value for HDB? I gotta admire the guts of the youngsters nowadays. While we all know that space is an expensive commodity and that large HDB represents fairly ok VFM in today's world. There is no chance that I will commit that kind of money for a HDB flat. When I was house hunting two years back, we looked at anything from 3-rm HDB flats to condos in the million dollar mark. I'm glad that we settled for an EM and I'm probably gonna hold on to it for a while.

I just looked at the resale prices and noticed that someone in my block sold his high floor em for 800k, just 1.5 years back it was still in the low 600k mark. Scary.

Yours is prime location and nicely renovated. If I'm you I also must sell high. It's those units in non prime areas and in bad conditions yet asking for sky high COV.

stainless steel railings,just saw 1 unit at bedok reservoir EM Val 560K selling at 1.1K so COV is 550K the selling must be crazy!!! :jawdrop:

You must be talking about this one:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-137-bedok-reservoir-road-11688569

The asking COV is jaw dropping, even though it is renovated and looks recent and in good condition......

I was expecting there to be a reservoir view at least.

Edited by cleong

That's pretty crazy COV. I wouldn't think of asking for half a mil in COV even though my unit is in prime location and unblocked and renovated. Oh well, really some crazy and very greedy sellers out there huh?

yes this is the unit I was talking abt...

Really ridiculous asking COV... Somemore not prime locations. As what some forumers said, some of these sellers are not sincere sellers at all.

stainless steel railings,just saw 1 unit at bedok reservoir EM Val 560K selling at 1.1K so COV is 550K the selling must be crazy!!! :jawdrop:

This unit isn't even near an MRT station! Ridiculous.

Doing my staircase is abt 5k

5k to overhaul the staircase m inclusive of changing the landing? Do u have pictures or drawing to show what u mean? I wonder to what extent will Hdb approve to staircase alteration........

Hi All,

I was recently promoted to a proud owner of an EM located in HG.

Now am busying over the planning work for renovation.

Condition of the unit was satisfactory, considering that its a 26 years old unit!

The previous owner did some renovation 5-7 years back so most of the interior setup are still in good condition.

Most of the reno work are going to be on aesthetic purpose, mainly on flooring for whole house and some carpentry for kitchen, MBR, 2 toilets and tv console.

Budget is very tight for this reno, trying to squeeze all in within 40k.

Hi All,

I was recently promoted to a proud owner of an EM located in HG.

Now am busying over the planning work for renovation.

Condition of the unit was satisfactory, considering that its a 26 years old unit!

The previous owner did some renovation 5-7 years back so most of the interior setup are still in good condition.

Most of the reno work are going to be on aesthetic purpose, mainly on flooring for whole house and some carpentry for kitchen, MBR, 2 toilets and tv console.

Budget is very tight for this reno, trying to squeeze all in within 40k.

Hi Ctan, welcome to this long thread of EM owners....I m sure u can also contribute ideas. How is ur COV for ur HG EM? 40k is very minimal if u talk about a decent overhaul....

As Cleong mentioned in this thread, the big ticket is the staircase, which can cost 5k or more. To me, carpentry n flooring also form the bulk of reno cost.

Hope u hav found the right person to do ur reno. Cheers!