Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
juxstapose

Journey To Our Home =)

Makanology: Was planning on making a trip down to Ho Kee tmr. Maybe will drop by Royal Fanco to compare too =) Does Goh Ah Bee sell Kitchen /bathroom stuff too?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Starting to think about the wood/textile texture laminates:

Brazilian walnut for shoe & storage cabinet, for contrast with very pale beige living room flooring. Love that the laminate comes with thicker strips of dark & light brown:

storageshoecabinet.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lighter brown shades for kitchen cupboard laminates, contrast with dark brown kitchen flooring, and probably white/cream solid countertops:

lighterbrownwoodforkitc.jpg

Looking at the whitish laminates for room wardrobe, against dark brown wood tiles in the room:

textilewhitishforbedroo.jpg

whitishforbedroomwardro.jpg

I love textured laminates, especially wood textured ones. All the laminates in our place are texture :D one thing you may wish to note though: takes more effort to clean textured laminates cuz of the grooves. But the look is worth the effort! :D

All the best with reno!

Makanology: Was planning on making a trip down to Ho Kee tmr. Maybe will drop by Royal Fanco to compare too =) Does Goh Ah Bee sell Kitchen /bathroom stuff too?

Hmm not sure about Goh Ah Bee, in fact sorry never heard of the shop before

A little stuck at toilet & kitchen flooring..

And choosing between stainless steel & composite granite kitchen sinks..

Edited by juxstapose

Can consider using patterned tiles since you are still looking ard. See summersan's t Blog. Its looks amazing! if you are into that kind of thing la.

:help: Emailed the tiles/laminates pics from my Samsung S3 to my hotmail, but having problems with saving my pics on my laptop. Somehow it also cant be saved to my thumbdrive!

Looks like I should get a new laptop too.. :deal:

Edited by juxstapose

Can consider using patterned tiles since you are still looking ard. See summersan's t Blog. Its looks amazing! if you are into that kind of thing la.

Hi Mrmerry, I'm sticking to plain/wood pattern ones. Not too good with prints, tho those in the tblgos all look very good!

A little stuck at toilet & kitchen flooring..

And choosing between stainless steel & composite granite kitchen sinks..

Hmmm.. Stainless steel sink are more lasting and easier to maintain. Composite granite sink on the other hand requires more maintenance and are not able to withstand too heavy stuff (eg a big pot of soup/curry place on top of that may pressure it to crack slightly).

However I have chosen the composite granite kitchen sink as it blends in well with my black granite cabinet top.

Take that as consideration when you make your decision.

Cheers!

Hi juxtapose

Hope u hv a smooth reno journey, btw I'm currently working on my reno budget for yr end reno. If its not too much a trouble could u pm K & Alan contact n ur est reno cost. Hope it's not out of my reach.

Fruitful day today! Selected bridal pics & dropped by the new Hommage shop. Found a wooden table n chair set at almost half price of what we saw at HN. And the HN set was already at 20% off! Will definitely shortlist Hommage as one of the possible places to get furniture n come back whe its time to buy.