Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cornetto

Salary Disclosure

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Do you & your hubby/wife declare to each other how much you earn? :deal:

sure do - better to divulge or else it has tremendous potential to cause a lot of tension in marriage.

Good to declare cos need to do planning and budgeting if you are having children, buying house and such.

This also show the trust among us.

Edited by raincole

wat if the woman earns more than the man? wun it hurt his ego?

hmm...some will feels inferior la, some may not...

But in another way, tis will make them work harder in order to be on par....

hmm...some will feels inferior la, some may not...

But in another way, tis will make them work harder in order to be on par....

but >$1K difference leh. dilemma sia. :)

but >$1K difference leh. dilemma sia. :)

Then the wife cannot keep on saying she is the major breadwinner la...

Then sometimes give the HB more say when comes to major decision making..Perhaps

that wil balance out...

Definitely. Money is the No. 1 marriage binder or breaker, in my opinion. Any resentment is sure to cause alot of marital strain.

I file my husband's Tax Assessment year after year. And I am also the one who manages all the bills in the house, and I know where the money is going every month. Sad to say though, I am the spender, and he is the saver!

A long time ago ... I was advised that husbands who let their wives manage their salaries are the ones who have a higher chance of family bliss. No quarrels.

I feel nothing wrong for wife earning more than hubby.

Singapore still have conservative minds. Husband must earn more than wife. Husband must pay for everything.

It is very common now for wife has higher earning power than husband.

Who earns more, helps to pay more. Anyway, both husband and wife should helps each other to relieve financial burden. Both should work together to work out a better life ahead.

my hubby and I also disclose on our salary, bonus etc.... But not on our savings. Maybe next time lah...anyway, i know he hardly saves...If your hubby saves, I think you as wives should be glad.

All our expenses taken out from our joint "daily expenses" account. So no fuss on who pays what.

but >$1K difference leh. dilemma sia. :dancingqueen:

Just be frank, transparency is crucial in a relationship. Better to say it out when he talks abt financial planning. Of coz don't harp on it and make him feel inferior. Different job nature naturally have different salary range, not nec he no good wat :dancingqueen:

It is better for both parties to let each other know how much each earn so that they can make joint decisions using all available information. This can range from something trivial e.g. should they file their tax returns separately or jointly, to something more significant, such as should one person quit to stay at home and look after the kid(s), how much each person is saving/spending etc.