Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Sany

Have not.

Still waiting for the letter.

Maybe this week or next week.

If not, then likely will be mid feb 08 after cny.

How about you?

Everything ready and waiting for the key?

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Is it you collect the key already?

Sandy

Hi Everybody,

Just like to check with you guys/ladies, how do you check the power point and switches? I just collected keys and Electrical Power is not turned on yet. We can only check when we installed our lightings right? But won't it be too late, as we are given only 7 days to report any defects from day of collection of keys? Any advice is appreciated. :yamseng:

mirage

see like alot of thing to look out

1) Rubber (HSS)

2) Window screw

3) Retractable screw (ONE POST WONDER)

4) Power point

5) Main Gate

6) Any crack tiles in the kitchen floor

7)sewage cap

die la I dunno what more to look out if I go to my unit , is it better to call my ID to go together at least they can hunt and find more thing isit?

AIyo now waiting for HDB letter for key collection , I call HDB officer but no answer . (I just need a estimate date of collection so I can make planning)

Anybody out there actually took out the kitchen electrical plug plastic cover provided by HDB (outside toilet)?

Another thing is our doors, anyone vanish it? Heard that is good to vanish both toilet doors to protect from water. How about doors for all rooms?

Hi Everybody,

Just like to check with you guys/ladies, how do you check the power point and switches? I just collected keys and Electrical Power is not turned on yet. We can only check when we installed our lightings right? But won't it be too late, as we are given only 7 days to report any defects from day of collection of keys? Any advice is appreciated. :yamseng:

mirage

Defects can always report as and when we like :dancingqueen: no limitations one. I reported a few more defects 2 months later after I collected my keys :yamseng:

Hi sparey,

Thank you for the advice. :yamseng:

mirage

Anybody out there actually took out the kitchen electrical plug plastic cover provided by HDB (outside toilet)?

Another thing is our doors, anyone vanish it? Heard that is good to vanish both toilet doors to protect from water. How about doors for all rooms?

Defects can always report as and when we like :dancingqueen: no limitations one. I reported a few more defects 2 months later after I collected my keys :yamseng:

i did vanish all the doors...very nice & shiny... :yamseng:

i did vanish all the doors...very nice & shiny... :)

Is it??? Thought matt matt also nice... maybe can consider vanish all too :dancingqueen:

How about the kitchen plug cover? Did you remove it? Was thinking will be troublesome to open the lid for switching on lights and will keep dust too :dunno:

Hi VINCE

Can show me the pic how vanish look like?

Need to pay for vanish the main door?

Thanks!!

HAPPPY

i did vanish all the doors...very nice & shiny... :dancingqueen:

if i rem correctly... my ID's electrician did tat for us..
wiring will be done by the electrician, but the wires will be long enough for the false ceiling ppl to adjust as required

Thanks for the reply...I will discuss further with me contractor then..

Edited by draught

opps... and I thought I was veri bad previously ;p

Just to share...

BRC actually dragged my rectification for 2 months after reporting.

And on this fine day, while skimming through the HDB webby, I made an online defect report. True enough, a HDB officer called me, and finally within the next 2 wks, BRC came to see and rectify my problems.

Didn't like the way they try to push off the problems, but given the choice, I would rather have nothing to do/ask of them.

kitchen tiles could be damaged by chemical washing. mine for the kitchen tiles cement/glue came off, ask contractor to patch up, of course he's not happy.. but since he created the problem, he should take care of it!

for me, i stay at 27B very easy to report defects.. hahah.. they know me by now, and also my husband's face..the sub con is unwilling to change my kitchen switch because my reno is completed. i told him, hey when i reported the defect my house was empty, now the house is filling up.. and they dare say this... i'll make a big noise to HDB if they continue pushing responsibility

Hi Everybody,

Just like to check with you guys/ladies, how do you check the power point and switches? I just collected keys and Electrical Power is not turned on yet. We can only check when we installed our lightings right? But won't it be too late, as we are given only 7 days to report any defects from day of collection of keys? Any advice is appreciated. :jawdrop:

mirage

The electrical and water are temporary turn on for u to facilitate checking of defects. There shld be a brochure inside your RCB unit to show you how to turn it on.

Hi all,

That time somebody asked bout the pic for the wire mesh in the toilets?

Was it happy?

Anyway, here's the photo of it..

f_Image144m_7f4a21d.jpg

f_Image146m_31fb22f.jpg

:jawdrop:

Is it??? Thought matt matt also nice... maybe can consider vanish all too :horse:

How about the kitchen plug cover? Did you remove it? Was thinking will be troublesome to open the lid for switching on lights and will keep dust too :P

did not remove the plastic covers. the purpose of having them there is to protect them from water dripping down (if any) from the water reservoir. you can remove them if your heater is not fix directly on top of the switches. 8| however i must agree that i hit into them a couple of times after forgetting to close the covers. :notti:

Hi SIM

Thanks....

HAPPY :P:notti:

Hi all,

That time somebody asked bout the pic for the wire mesh in the toilets?

Was it happy?

Anyway, here's the photo of it..

f_Image144m_7f4a21d.jpg

f_Image146m_31fb22f.jpg

:horse: