Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Eerrr....you may has your id to touch up fast, telling him you need to move in liao.

Btw...may i know who is your id/contractor?

Yeah...cos yours is 100% completion house...naturally id/contractor will want to impress the potential customers coming to view your house. So, naturally they might delay so that he/she can bring in more customers in the hope to clinch in more deals.

Anyone having problems regarding payment with your contractor?

I'm left with 10% for him. Already paid him last week some money and last week i'd say it should be counted as officially handover, as even though the week before last, things more or less finalised, he had not completed the touching up yet. However he counted the week before last week as handover as the things were all in!! :):furious::furious::furious:

Contract says balance 10% is 2 weeks upon handover. Hence, the balance payment should be next week (since only last week he let us change key, the week before he put lame excuse for not letting us change key, i bet his purpose is so that he can still bring people over to view our place!:(!).. 8|8|8|8|8|8|

What do you guys think?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey, can i know is your kitchen sliding door a full length door?

I got a quote of $2k for my sliding door leh.. abit on the very high side of $$... :bleah::good:

by the way this is my kitchen sliding door, as i remember nemofc was asking previously.. now it's up.

very simple and functional, no feature wall.

hubby is intending to paint designs on this door later on..

DSC00169.JPG

Hey, can i know is your kitchen sliding door a full length door?

I got a quote of $2k for my sliding door leh.. abit on the very high side of $$... !! :o

mine was $750. think this is the market price as another forumnite also was quoted this price for glass door even though she din do it.

it's not full length; it's box up.

Edited by makemefly

Our studyroom is now ready! As mentioned earlier, 2 L shaped tables with pedestals and drawers and one bookshelf and 2 highback PC chairs from Lizo.

DSC00199.JPG

if it werent for the dumbass column by the window, the clearance between the 2 L shaped desks can be about 10-15 cm more loh!

Mattress also in! We got ours from this HDB shop called Dekia at AMK Ave 10. Uncle was really nice, i din have to put any deposit at all.. and they accepted cheque on delivery.. I think the best place to buy mattress is those HDB shops (actually many things are good to buy there as service is usually good and better than those big shops, quality could be the same or better, and prices are better!;)). I got mine at 10% less than places like Home2be. Of course you can't use credit card, but hey, being 10% cheaper more than compensates! :dunno::dunno::wub:

Now only left with stuff from Scanteak!! !! :o

Sofa and coffee table we will just wait till a good deal comes along (maybe great singapore sale)

this month's credit card bill is just scary.. i'm dreading it.. :P:bow::bow::bow:

Edited by makemefly

OK.. mine is from the top to the bottom.. no box up.. my ID say the glass is too big to go into the lift so he will need to get extra people to carry the glass all the way up to my unit via the stairs.. i dun know how true is tat.. !!

mine was $750. think this is the market price as another forumnite also was quoted this price for glass door even though she din do it.

it's not full length; it's box up.

OK.. mine is from the top to the bottom.. no box up.. my ID say the glass is too big to go into the lift so he will need to get extra people to carry the glass all the way up to my unit via the stairs.. i dun know how true is tat.. !!

my ID reported this problem too.. :o;)

but he also said not possible to just "simply" carry it up the stairs.. anyway i;m staying low floor... one of the few times this will ever work to my advantage loh..

Edited by makemefly

hello neighbours, for those who custom made curtains for JM 4 room, can let me know your measurements for the windows?

Yes I agreed with you.

We should make a effort to shop around our neighbourhood area.

They do have a very nice design and are alot cheaper than places such as IMM, etc..

I remembered I bought my wm (ariston) and fridge (FishernPaykel) @ redhill hdb shop and save a few hundreds of dollars.

I will be doing my shopping around hdb area once my id started the tiles layout.

Btw...MAKE...AMK Ave 10 (Dekia)..how to go there? They only sell furnitures?

Thks!!

Our studyroom is now ready! As mentioned earlier, 2 L shaped tables with pedestals and drawers and one bookshelf and 2 highback PC chairs from Lizo.

DSC00199.JPG

if it werent for the dumbass column by the window, the clearance between the 2 L shaped desks can be about 10-15 cm more loh!

Mattress also in! We got ours from this HDB shop called Dekia at AMK Ave 10. Uncle was really nice, i din have to put any deposit at all.. and they accepted cheque on delivery.. I think the best place to buy mattress is those HDB shops (actually many things are good to buy there as service is usually good and better than those big shops, quality could be the same or better, and prices are better!:rofl:). I got mine at 10% less than places like Home2be. Of course you can't use credit card, but hey, being 10% cheaper more than compensates! :rofl::good::good:

Now only left with stuff from Scanteak!! :):rofl:

Sofa and coffee table we will just wait till a good deal comes along (maybe great singapore sale)

this month's credit card bill is just scary.. i'm dreading it.. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

Yes I agreed with you.

We should make a effort to shop around our neighbourhood area.

They do have a very nice design and are alot cheaper than places such as IMM, etc..

I remembered I bought my wm (ariston) and fridge (FishernPaykel) @ redhill hdb shop and save a few hundreds of dollars.

I will be doing my shopping around hdb area once my id started the tiles layout.

Btw...MAKE...AMK Ave 10 (Dekia)..how to go there? They only sell furnitures?

Thks!!

AMK ave 10, u start from AMK central, go along MRT tracks going towars YCK, turn right at Nanyang Poly, near the entrance of the poly, turn right in, that should be going to AMK ave 10... by the way i took bus there. this is what i rmbr from the route.

they do sell furniture and mattresses.. an e.g. of a good price, shoe cabinet i saw can't rmbr if it's 200+ or 300+, but i saw the same exact thing sold at a mall roadshow - $488. :dancingqueen:

Hi neighbours,

Anyone know the difference between China granite and India granite?

My ID giving me free upgrade from solid top surface to China granite. Wonder how is the quality like?

Advice pls.

A simple request...

If you are removing / have removed the clothes hanger in the kitchen, can I have the screws for it? HDB did a disappointing job in replacing my missing screw... the screw they used is not the same as the other 3, it's so stiff that I cannot pull it out smoothly and the level is not straight :dancingqueen:

Please let me have yours... :P

nobody can help me ah? :good:

nobody can help me ah? :notti:

hi postwonder, why don't you report to them again that it's different now. this is too much of them ..... :rolleyes:

These people must :jawdrop: them, then they do it.

my major defects is all well done except for some new ones found again.

Edited by nemofc

Hi NEM....glad to hear that but sad to hear more new one coming!:rolleyes:

Hi Kelvin...NEM is right, report it and ask them to change the screw for you.

Hi ALL....I read somewhere that a fews did not drill any holes in the main gate, means only top of the metal gate can be locked. I intend to ask my id to drill a hole so that it can be locked too or else the metal gate is shaky. By force, it (metal gate) might give way.

hi postwonder, why don't you report to them again that it's different now. this is too much of them ..... :jawdrop:

These people must :notti: them, then they do it.

my major defects is all well done except for some new ones found again.