Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Kancheong King... Where To Hold Customary Dinner?

Thanks Air and storeberry.

Im considering yunnan, cause in the west, easily accessible and ppl know where's IMM. ya, the question is whether they still exist after the revamp. Im also wondering abt whether IMM's ballroom still exist. the restaurant abit the cheena. will give them a call soon.

ya some more free parking there....u can check out IMM's website (if they had any) and see whether yunan still exists....my cousin had his wedding there and everyone complimented the food...another suggestion is The Legends at Fort Canning...had dim sum there before and it was delicious...my hubby's mum attended wedding there before and praised the food too...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hee..i have been to other hotels when i was in charge of scouting for our co's dnd venue. i do agree the walls looks simple and plain compared to the more fancy ball rooms. but i have been to Amara hotel and M hotel smaller function rooms, their walls also simple and plain lei. so I guess the draw back is that of the novotel grand ballroom is much too big liao ..ended up looks empty.

agree that the $ spent can do something else more worthwhile.

Other hotels nicer ballroom but not good ballroom layout. Sheratons got this weird L shaped ballroom. Park royal is too cramped and too small for us, in fact the match in is short and we have to match in a L shape also weird. Marriot hotel grand ballroom got this funny low ceiling at the back but the purple lighting effecting looks good. But they are not cheap. I also find the grandball room of hilton too old and dark..and too Victorian. Machiam like dining in an old castle.. :P

We also saw the effect whereby the ballroom is dimmed and the intelligent lighting effects makes the ballroom looks pretty cozy. Somemore with the crystals theme (additional lights in a dim cozy room) looks good too. Not sure of the floral theme but once the lights dimmed…cannot see the flowers right? Or maybe we do a mixture? :(

We think long and hard, so in the end we find the other practical factors outweighs the other ballrooms.the price, the good ballroom layout, pillarless and exclusive foyer.

:)

yupyup... i oso prefer those squarish ballrooms wif higher ceilings & no pillars... dun mind short march in though... but can't have very long train liao. hipv ceiling oso quite weird, one side low ceiling. im so looking fwd to seeing the novotel ballroom when lights are dimmed! heh heh. location, food & price very impt too. :P

ok lah... M hotel's wall bare meh? i find it ok leh :(

prob i like it simple and less complicated :(

ya... dun have to spend additional $$ in engaging florist... can put the money into better use

but if really like with more flowers in decor then go ahead :)

hipv has got wallpaper all ard but it looks kinda "halal" cos very greenish. so sometimes bare walls oso not bad! yup me love flowers... create a more romantic feeling for wedding... so smaller ballroom easier to decorate :P

Think u should book 1st lor. since PJ is so hot, when the date draws near and you decided against it, still can let it out. Im sure there will be people who will buy over from ya. But seriously it's not bad leh.

agree on that. been looking at PJ pics on sgbrides. find it really nice! :deal:

Wow, so popular??? If you get weekdays I think should be okay bah... Update us, cheesecake! Call them & ask better.... :)

I can book for 2009 now of cos..juz pay deposit to secure the date....But hubby is not keen. He feels dat its too early, got this need meh he asked me...Duno leh...actually, we both plan to book in Dec but now i see ppl booking, im gan cheong already...try to talk to him but he like no reaction at all :(

cannot book first & lock in the price? :notti:

No such thing as lock price for PJ loh...2009 prices not cfm yet. They can only promise at most increase 5% without the ++.....

i tink cheesecake still want to look ard isit?

coz if book first then later change mind, will forfeit the deposit...

unless they willing to make decision within these few days then can ask the incharge to reserve the date first

Quite fixed on PJ already actually...but...hubby like not keen....If by the time he willing to pay deposit but no dates liao then dun hold dinner loh... :P

Think u should book 1st lor. since PJ is so hot, when the date draws near and you decided against it, still can let it out. Im sure there will be people who will buy over from ya. But seriously it's not bad leh.

I feel like booking it first too...cos i reali dun tink i will change venue already due to budget....too bad hubby not willing...sian to bring this up already. Like talking to myself lidat....

agree on that. been looking at PJ pics on sgbrides. find it really nice! :jawdrop:

Cornetto, actually i find PJ abit cramped for 20 tables loh...and the stage is very small...if add on projectors, i must be careful else will trip & fall flat on my face :) 18 tables is more ideal...I also hope can book soon but need the 'blessing' of hubby. I will juz wait loh...if wait until no dates, i tink i will be too sian to hold dinner already....use the $ to go BKK shopping better....

I can book for 2009 now of cos..juz pay deposit to secure the date....But hubby is not keen. He feels dat its too early, got this need meh he asked me...Duno leh...actually, we both plan to book in Dec but now i see ppl booking, im gan cheong already...try to talk to him but he like no reaction at all :)

No such thing as lock price for PJ loh...2009 prices not cfm yet. They can only promise at most increase 5% without the ++.....

Quite fixed on PJ already actually...but...hubby like not keen....If by the time he willing to pay deposit but no dates liao then dun hold dinner loh... :notti:

I feel like booking it first too...cos i reali dun tink i will change venue already due to budget....too bad hubby not willing...sian to bring this up already. Like talking to myself lidat....

Cornetto, actually i find PJ abit cramped for 20 tables loh...and the stage is very small...if add on projectors, i must be careful else will trip & fall flat on my face :P 18 tables is more ideal...I also hope can book soon but need the 'blessing' of hubby. I will juz wait loh...if wait until no dates, i tink i will be too sian to hold dinner already....use the $ to go BKK shopping better....

your AD is going to be in 2009? its a bit early to book now leh. usually, people book 1 year in advance. if you book now then it'll be 2 years from now to 2009. probably, your hb feels that its still early lor. but some restaurants/hotels 2009 wedding packages havent out yet lor. we booked with swissotel 1 year before our AD. actually, my hb is the one who called up swissotel to find out more and then arranged appt with the wedding co-ordinator. :jawdrop:

Cornetto, actually i find PJ abit cramped for 20 tables loh...and the stage is very small...if add on projectors, i must be careful else will trip & fall flat on my face :dribble: 18 tables is more ideal...I also hope can book soon but need the 'blessing' of hubby. I will juz wait loh...if wait until no dates, i tink i will be too sian to hold dinner already....use the $ to go BKK shopping better....

the stage is really kinda small. really no space for a projector, unless they have those roll-down type. cheesecake, u need to take into consideration for those reserve tables. that time my ROM we had an extra reserve table vacant but it's still charged into the bill. So u might want to take note of this, think is their policy. Look for Lydia Chua, she's :D:dribble:

cheesecake, i honestly feel that 2 yrs in advance is really too early. at most ppl book 1.5 yr in advance...somemore I feel that unless u are 150% sure that you will die die go for the restaurant den u book. becoz things may happen along the way n u might change your opinion of the restaurance in future..

yup, i agreed with you diva. :)

2 years in advance is really super early lor. that's why cheesecake's hb may think its too early liao so no motivation to book now. :D men are usually like that. :P

for us, we'll look and look and look until the very last min (1 year in advance) then book it. :D dont forget if you decided to change the venue and your deposit will get forfeited. :yamseng:

no point to be soooo rush lor. :)

cheesecake, i honestly feel that 2 yrs in advance is really too early. at most ppl book 1.5 yr in advance...somemore I feel that unless u are 150% sure that you will die die go for the restaurant den u book. becoz things may happen along the way n u might change your opinion of the restaurance in future..

Dats true...we may change plans, who noes rite? :D I guess dun book so early then....if suay suay cant get the dates, at most cancel dinner or change another venue loh....

the stage is really kinda small. really no space for a projector, unless they have those roll-down type. cheesecake, u need to take into consideration for those reserve tables. that time my ROM we had an extra reserve table vacant but it's still charged into the bill. So u might want to take note of this, think is their policy. Look for Lydia Chua, she's :yamseng::D

There are only Lydia & Pauline i tink :P So far, has been liaising with Pualine more. Wow, i din noe reserved tables also kenna charged...i only noe if tables nv eat, can go back to eat again loh...Cos i tink hotels dun allow dat. Thks for the tip, i must rem to double chk with them. So u ended up paying for an empty table??! Agree dat stage is v small & actually hubby feels the stage looks obiang. But ended up selecting PJ cos its abit hard to find places with nice ambience for 20 tables...& yet keep to budget :)

Dats true...we may change plans, who noes rite? !! I guess dun book so early then....if suay suay cant get the dates, at most cancel dinner or change another venue loh....

There are only Lydia & Pauline i tink :notti: So far, has been liaising with Pualine more. Wow, i din noe reserved tables also kenna charged...i only noe if tables nv eat, can go back to eat again loh...Cos i tink hotels dun allow dat. Thks for the tip, i must rem to double chk with them. So u ended up paying for an empty table??! Agree dat stage is v small & actually hubby feels the stage looks obiang. But ended up selecting PJ cos its abit hard to find places with nice ambience for 20 tables...& yet keep to budget :deal:

Lydia and Pauline's the PR, i did aliase more with the restaurant manager Kenny though. Lydia's on leave that time, must say Kenny's service is average only. yup, paid extra for the reserve table.

Stage, my rom set up. Theme: maroon

PRINT002.jpg

for your reference. and ya 2 years a little too early. maybe go as planned, book only in dec lor.

:sport-smiley-018:

Angelwrath, dats was nice...not bad huh...When i was there to view the place, one table for champagne, one table for cake cutting, stage no space liao...i tink most prob i will forgo one of them. Yes, when Dec comes, then we will see how again loh....Hubby say now, Hari Raya now even here yet :sport-smiley-003:

Angelwrath, dats was nice...not bad huh...When i was there to view the place, one table for champagne, one table for cake cutting, stage no space liao...i tink most prob i will forgo one of them. Yes, when Dec comes, then we will see how again loh....Hubby say now, Hari Raya now even here yet :sport-smiley-003:

haha. your hb is very cute lor. :)

:rolleyes:

ya some more free parking there....u can check out IMM's website (if they had any) and see whether yunan still exists....my cousin had his wedding there and everyone complimented the food...another suggestion is The Legends at Fort Canning...had dim sum there before and it was delicious...my hubby's mum attended wedding there before and praised the food too...

hehe just an update, we decided for our AD dinner to be held near IMM @ The Chevrons - Brilliant Garden instead. since it's mostly for our families and I'm also not too concern abt the deco and theme which they dont really have. LoL. as long as i know my family likes Gim Tim's food and it's teochew style. i feel like attending in jeans, casual and simple just like who i am. =)

must say the cons is that my 24 nov is booked by a company's dinner. sian. so tentatively have to postpone to 1st Dec which is not a auspicious date wor. We are ok, MIL is not. Parkings gonna be a problem too and we didnt manage to book their chalet. BOooooooooo

Thanks for all the help and suggestion rendered gals. I'm gonna try to find a "good" date now :P

Edited by Angelwrath

:rolleyes:

hehe just an update, we decided for our AD dinner to be held near IMM @ The Chevrons - Brilliant Garden instead. since it's mostly for our families and I'm also not too concern abt the deco and theme which they dont really have. LoL. as long as i know my family likes Gim Tim's food and it's teochew style. i feel like attending in jeans, casual and simple just like who i am. =)

must say the cons is that my 24 nov is booked by a company's dinner. sian. so tentatively have to postpone to 1st Dec which is not a auspicious date wor. We are ok, MIL is not. Parkings gonna be a problem too and we didnt manage to book their chalet. BOooooooooo

Thanks for all the help and suggestion rendered gals. I'm gonna try to find a "good" date now :P

Congrats on finally deciding your banquet venue! :yamseng:

The Chevrons is nice! Actually banquet date no need auspicious date...only customary that day need auspicious date...

Congrats on finally deciding your banquet venue! :bangwall:

The Chevrons is nice! Actually banquet date no need auspicious date...only customary that day need auspicious date...

LoL, banquet date and customary date is the same day. customary then church then banquet.

:sport-smiley-004:

Thanks for all the help and suggestion rendered gals. I'm gonna try to find a "good" date now !!

oh, the chevrons huh. its not bad too. :sport-smiley-004: btw, is it a country club? we always drive past but dont know what its. !!

Congrats on finally deciding your banquet venue! :P

your customary is referring to tea ceremony or what? usually, tea ceremony and banquet are done on the same day. tea ceremony is in the morning and banquet is in the evening. :D for us, even banquet also must find an auspicious date. :P

your customary is referring to tea ceremony or what? usually, tea ceremony and banquet are done on the same day. tea ceremony is in the morning and banquet is in the evening. :jawdrop: for us, even banquet also must find an auspicious date. :unsure:

Ya tea ceremony...banquet need not necessarily be on the same day as many ppl nowadays split into 2 days..tea ceremony today, banquet tmr..less tiring...generally, banquet no need for auspicious date but it's up to individual