Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Wedding March-in Song

Hi all,

Me & hubby are thinking of using this song by george winston - canon in d (theme song for one of korean movie by the sassy girl actress)... one of our friends will be playing the song for us.. :yamseng: music is rather slow in the starting part, but gets better towards the middle. nice song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFBm0V1oLk

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Me & hubby are thinking of using this song by george winston - canon in d (theme song for one of korean movie by the sassy girl actress)... one of our friends will be playing the song for us.. :D music is rather slow in the starting part, but gets better towards the middle. nice song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFBm0V1oLk

christina? is that you?

You should choose a song that is meaningful to both you and your spouse. Don't worry too much about what others think.

You should choose a song that is meaningful to both you and your spouse. Don't worry too much about what others think.

Thanks Archer. That really sums it up.

My wife might have some other ideas abt the songs and I'd let her decide.. its really her day to be happy and I'm happy if she is.

Cheers!

Thanks Archer. That really sums it up.

My wife might have some other ideas abt the songs and I'd let her decide.. its really her day to be happy and I'm happy if she is.

That's the way. My wife didn't have preference for many things (e.g. lighting, decorations, themes etc.), but she wanted the march-in song to be special. In the end, I let her choose the song. It wasn't a song that I have heard of, and I cannot remember the title. Funny thing is whenever i hear it on the radio now, I will know that it is is *the* song.

Guys and Gals.. need some help.

What you think of the following songs?

At Last - Etta James

The Prayer - Celine Dion & Josh Groban

Me and You - Kenny Chesney

I'm trying to convince the missus.. lol..

Out of those you selected, for me lah, I only like "At Last - Etta James", which gives that jazzy feeling. The rest are too slow and mono, more suitable for background music.

However, I am really a sucker for dramatic experience, thus I will look for songs that give the 'impact' for my march in.

Thus during my time, I selected this cheena song (because I simply loved the musical, 雪狼湖):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-IZIHZT03m0

The music starts at 00:26, creates the mood and the door will open at 00:43. Just imagine yourself at the ballroom, and the song playing, you will find yourself automatically clapping at 00:43.

I am not recommending this song to you since you don't like cheena songs, but just for your reference lor.

:D

I remember when I was preparing my wedding, I heard this song from FM91.5 in office almost everyday for the whole week. I love the song to bits but was unable to catch hold of the song name or singers (only happened to catch 'Babrara'. Seek high and low for it blindly and finally, sang the chorus part to friend's sis and she told me its 'I finally found someone'. So, went various CD stores and finally got it and use it for 2nd March in.

1st march is is a 'ulu' song by air supply (can't even rem the name now). champhange pouring and toast, I used 'I cross my heart' by Sammi Cheng and All 4 One.

All this talk about wedding march-in song.... I now remember the title of the song we used..... Shower Me With Your Love.....

All this talk about wedding march-in song.... I now remember the title of the song we used..... Shower Me With Your Love.....

hmm... that is a nice song... will try to DL it tonite :)

I tot of having a korean song.. hahahaa.. :) see how ba..

Any idea if hotel allows us to bring CDs that to be played for the whole nite??

Recently, my sis bot some CDs, music inside pretty nice.. remixed of common tunes.. I feel quite suitable to played throughout the whole dinner..

harlow!

long time nv see u online liao le~

so how..shifted in liao? :)

I tot of having a korean song.. hahahaa.. :P see how ba..

Any idea if hotel allows us to bring CDs that to be played for the whole nite??

Recently, my sis bot some CDs, music inside pretty nice.. remixed of common tunes.. I feel quite suitable to played throughout the whole dinner..

how many ballrooms does oriental have? :P

you mean GCW's carpet is very old? i didn't notice the carpet. once i viewed their ballroom and i got no mood liao so didn't bother about the rest of the things in the hotel liao. :)

have you considered shangri-la? you asked me that day. amara hotel is not bad esp the food. my cousin had her wedding there and my mum told me the food is nice. :P

Oriental have 2 or 3 ballrooms i think.

Yeah GCW carpet quite old. we actually think the place is quite nice.. did discuss with the coordinator abt how we could revamp the place for the wedding..

shangri-la.. we have too few tables.. we don't think it will be nice.. amara is out coz wife dont like.

those are really nice!

I was thinking of songs like

I find it really nice.

Butterfly kisses is about a father's love to his daughter... not very appropriate leh.

Yes I know. Unfortunately Mrs Phantom's daddy can't be with us on this special day as he has passed on.

I didn't wanna tell Mrs Phantom why i chose this song but i thought that wherever he is, our special day will also be shared by him and that the least i could do in his memory is to dedicate this song for him.

honestly i almost shed a tear or two when i was thinking abt this. :)

Friend, the song you posted, quite a nice hippy tune to it... made me think of Hakuna Matata.

I used "Say Yes" from Yukie Nishimura and still love it till this day. :)

That is also a very nice song too.. sometimes, these memories really bring you back to the days huh? :)

I used "Say Yes" from Yukie Nishimura and still love it till this day. :)
Edited by Phantom

harlow!

long time nv see u online liao le~

so how..shifted in liao? :)

hihi!!

now using it as resort 1st.. :P couple of reasons why not fully shift in.. heh~

how abt you?? busy of your AD??

Frankly speaking, I dun like the songs. Of course, you may have your personal reasons on the selection of songs which may have meanings to both of u. If u really need to choose from this list, I will choose The Prayer. For wedding, try to go for songs that gives provision for Grand Entrance....

Me and You...too monotonous

Butterfly Kisses...too common

At Last...???

The Prayer...dunno wat the guy is singing...just imagine the uncles and aunties wondering

lol.. thanks.. one man's fruit is definately one man's poison.

any recommendations?