Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jamez

Our Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
still skeptical about korea products :D

actually me too...but looking at the design hoh... :D so willing to give it a shot :bleah:

\m/ hail to u fellow metalhead!

the abovementioned drummer's work in "Ordo Ad Chao" was amazing (as with his other works as well!)

:D

Did u catch Mayhem while they were in Singapore? I missed dat...dunno how i managed to miss dat but i did... :bleah:

Ordo Ad Chao is amazing..hohoho...totally wierd but a very strong BM album.

haha how could you have missed them, they were awesome live with attila on vox.

here's a couple of pix i took from the gig

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

bummer i missed it... :D:D:P

Thanx for sharing the pictures here! :D

I so prefer Attila to be on the vox instead of Maniac...Attila's range is alot wider and plain EVIL....

Yes agree Ordo Ad Chao is wierd...but i find it also refreshing (without compromising on the original qualities that made Mayhem wat it is)...love wierd stuff like Thorns also... :P

Actually the metal community in Singapore is very small...we may have met b4 :) or at least have some mutual friends... :bleah:

:D

Edited by jamez

Hi Jamez

Can i check with you when did your ID do the final paint for your house? was it before or after carpentry installation? And how many coats of paint?

I find it strange my ID is doing the final paint AFTER carpentry installation...wouldnt this result in uneven color surfaces esp the area behind the carpentry? and risk paint getting onto them? I'm not too pleased with the ID and the pace of work....alot of screw ups by the ID and I'm like need to go monitor my house almost every other day.

Also, did you make full payment before commencing installation of carpentry? Sigh....renovating house sure is a headache! :lol: sian man

Today suppose to deliver all the carpentry pieces but at 4pm, the ID called and say cos their lorry broke down, can't deliver liao. can only do it tomorrow and install at same time....

Jus show u something to poisons u. !! Me don knw hw to post pics here. :notti:

http://www.kef.com/ht3000/index.htm

This KHT3005 confirm ur wify wont nag at u cos of the look and u will love it cos of the performance. :)

Don believe! U may check with lifestyle I think he got the KHT5000. !!

i kena poison big time liao..cannot stop dribbling !! !! !!

...oh wow...looks d@mn cool man! !! but hoh...watz the range of the pricing... !!

Edited by jamez

Hi Jamez

Can i check with you when did your ID do the final paint for your house? was it before or after carpentry installation? And how many coats of paint?

I find it strange my ID is doing the final paint AFTER carpentry installation...wouldnt this result in uneven color surfaces esp the area behind the carpentry? and risk paint getting onto them? I'm not too pleased with the ID and the pace of work....alot of screw ups by the ID and I'm like need to go monitor my house almost every other day.

Also, did you make full payment before commencing installation of carpentry? Sigh....renovating house sure is a headache! !! sian man

Today suppose to deliver all the carpentry pieces but at 4pm, the ID called and say cos their lorry broke down, can't deliver liao. can only do it tomorrow and install at same time....

Hello keltic999...

as informed by my ID..total is 3 layers of paint. the first 2 layers were done before the installation of carpentry...and the last layer also after the installation...

confirm will have uneven colour behind carpentry...but i dun mind since cannot be seen...the painter got some paint kena the air con and switches...but the air con part they cleaned it off no prob...one of the switches cannot be cleaned because the paint kinda ate into the finish of the switch :notti: but since it is also not very visible i also close eye loh...

Nope i have not paid the last payment to my iD yet...even tho everything is finished...im still waiting for him to meet me up and have a last walk around the house and hand over...maybe later in the afternoon...then pay him the last payment...he also never rush me... !! datz watz nice abt my ID..he knows i can be tusted so he relac also...likewise i trust him not to screw up the reno big time so itz a good working relationship... :)

yes agree reno is a big headache...i understand the feeling of being afraid that something screwed up big time and therez no turning back...and also the feeling of being afraid that quality not so good...or even scared that design turn out not nice... and then therez the budget... !!

when ur ID sayz something like dat...itz a bobian situation loh...juz need to trust them and hope they do a good job...when discover something bad juz nicely inform ur ID to do rectification...otherwise like wat so many people do..hold payment until u r satisfied with the end product... !!

Yup for WAF the KEF is very good and great sound to compliment it.

If can wait, wait for the just launch oversea the updated version of KHT3000 which suppose to have better sub & tweak enhancement on the speakers and price around the same.

If budget allow and need a bigger look speaker (& better sound) to match the reno or Tv like me then do consider the KHT5000 series.

This KHT3005 confirm ur wify wont nag at u cos of the look and u will love it cos of the performance. :bangwall:

Don believe! U may check with lifestyle I think he got the KHT5000. :bangwall:

KHT3000 - around S$2.3K i think.

KHT5000 - S$3.1K.

i kena poison big time liao..cannot stop dribbling !! !! :unsure:

...oh wow...looks d@mn cool man! :) but hoh...watz the range of the pricing... :D

Yup for WAF the KEF is very good and great sound to compliment it.

If can wait, wait for the just launch oversea the updated version of KHT3000 which suppose to have better sub & tweak enhancement on the speakers and price around the same.

If budget allow and need a bigger look speaker (& better sound) to match the reno or Tv like me then do consider the KHT5000 series.

KHT3000 - around S$2.3K i think.

KHT5000 - S$3.1K.

:notti::):jawdrop: dude thatz way out of my budget...

somemore i never planned to have a home theater/sound system for my home when renovating...so the speakers cun put at optimum places for the best effect... :dunno: must remember that the nex time i got chance to do reno... :curse:

wah...u all make me gian to go and "zhng" sound system... :P

earlier today...went to Courts to buy this...

FC8716_01_webImage370.jpg

Philips bagless vacuum cleaner...went to Courts AMK becos itz the most convenient place for us to go to...wanted to do some general cleaning around the house and suck up all that dust. Thsi vacuum is good... :notti::):jawdrop:

Then after placing this vacuum at the counter...my wife and i went over to the fridge dept to see see look look...the promoter came to us and said....buy this....

350_lge.jpg

becos everyday limited to 5 sets per Courts...and itz at the special price of $999 instead of the usual (?) $1499. we were looking for side by side fridge...somemore this one is glossy white...suit our kitchen..feel like good deal so we bought it... :dunno: dunno good anot lah but give it a try. The gross capacity is 705 litres...delivery this coming friday...haiz kena suck in by Courts again..haha...

Also met up with my ID today at our place. Some more small small stuff to be rectified...some small stains here and the on the homo tiles...and some microscopic scratches on the skirting of the rooms...one more last payemnt to be made...he also din rush us...he's gonna send his workers to do the rectification this coming friday also...meanwhile...he already asked me to lock up the house using my own lock...he also returned all the keys to us..does dat mean handover already??? I haven make last payment...wah he really trust us loh haha... :curse:

good buy you've got yourself there

the fridge looks really good :dunno::notti:

what's the brand and how wide is it?

most likely too wide for me :jawdrop:

btw the vacuum really good ah?

maybe will get it too at the philips sale :)

good buy you've got yourself there

the fridge looks really good :):jawdrop:

what's the brand and how wide is it?

most likely too wide for me :rofl:

btw the vacuum really good ah?

maybe will get it too at the philips sale :P

The brand is LG...model is GR-B207TVQ

the width is 850 and the depth is 845...funny...the salesperson (my primary school classmate!how small can Singapore get!) measured it and told me itz something like 690 for the depth so i tot ok...scully deliver liao the depth too much for my mortar base :notti: guess i'll find out on friday then... :dunno:

The Philips vacuum cleaner really good...the Tri-active nozzle vacuum head got this brush brush thingy that makes the cleaning of corners slightly easier...suction power can be adjusted..itz bagless..so after use just take out the cylinder and throw away the dust and wipe the cylinder to keep it clean...better then smelly dustbags :curse: itz good itz good.... :rofl:

Edited by jamez

applefreak...

i made a mistake...the fridge model is not the abovementioned...itz supposed to be GRB207WVQ...only 581 litres and not as stated above..look something like the above... super white gloss...

sori for the mistake... :bleah: