Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

nailpolish remover is exp than 1 tin(about 2 litres) of acetone that costs around $10.

yah.. but if to remove one small spot can already lah

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Mace,

Does the T5 comes with E-Ballast in Kelantan Road? They sell a set as in the T5 bulb and holder/cover rite? Or do I have to fix the bulb together with the holder myself?

Hi Mace,

Does the T5 comes with E-Ballast in Kelantan Road? They sell a set as in the T5 bulb and holder/cover rite? Or do I have to fix the bulb together with the holder myself?

you can ask the shops to fix the T5 + e-ballast for you.

if you have to ask so much questions - i believe you got a lousy contractor...hardly a ID.

cos all such things should be done by them NOT you.

Hi patsy_sg & Bro MaCe

Thanks for your advise.

patsy_sg,

May i know what do you mean by 1 part bleach with 4 parts water in a spray bottle?

you put 1 part of bleach in a spray bottle, then add 4 parts of water (i.e. 1 cup to 4 cups), shake and use!

Paiseh, paiseh, busy the past few days...

Patsy: The 'stains' are on the aluminium part lehz. It's on top of the paint wor. Meaning, its on the aluminium...

I look for nail polish removers that dosen't say got acetone. Aiya, nailpolish removers~! I have @ home. :dancingqueen::dancingqueen::lol:

try using the one you have at home first, dab a little in a cotton ball and try a small portion and see if it comes off... take care not to drop any on your painted wall as the colour will run.

you can ask the shops to fix the T5 + e-ballast for you.

if you have to ask so much questions - i believe you got a lousy contractor...hardly a ID.

cos all such things should be done by them NOT you.

Sorry to ask so much questions...hopw you won't find me irritating. My ID...hmm...i don't want him to trick us...as i said, he charge me $4000 for the electrical works...already veri ex. Then the shop he brought us to are so ex...the downlights like I said, it's about $37.

Sorry to ask so much questions...hopw you won't find me irritating. My ID...hmm...i don't want him to trick us...as i said, he charge me $4000 for the electrical works...already veri ex. Then the shop he brought us to are so ex...the downlights like I said, it's about $37.

$4000? :jawdrop: its alot ler Lilian.. ur id must be chop chop u liao

$4000??? :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Is it whole house wiring all change?? including conceal??

For electrial so exp?? is your house an EA like Mace??

Think also not so exp rite.

Or maybe i ingorance abt electrial works price. :dunno:

while right here most of us would complain - that id/contractors loves taking us to their "preferred" lighting/sanitary/accessories shops and earn extra commission by marking up the prices. but there are actually dumb dumbs out there that are complaining that their contractors doesnt bring them out for shopping :lol:

$4000 for electrical - either you stay in a EM or a condo. or else no way.

$4000??? :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Is it whole house wiring all change?? including conceal??

For electrial so exp?? is your house an EA like Mace??

Think also not so exp rite.

Or maybe i ingorance abt electrial works price. :dunno:

EM actually.

erm...actually last year when we did our reno, electrical quotation alone range from $2k - $4.5k+

maybe they($4.5k) use 18k gold plate wires... :lol:

I encountered once.

Prima Lighting charge me more than $2K for my unit.

Refund all my money and buy again, cost me less than $950 for my unit.

1 advice to new owner, better buy yourself and not with your id. When you go in, dont tell the salesperson that so and so id recommend you to them. They chop you without blinking their eyes. I am telling the true experience.

while right here most of us would complain - that id/contractors loves taking us to their "preferred" lighting/sanitary/accessories shops and earn extra commission by marking up the prices. but there are actually dumb dumbs out there that are complaining that their contractors doesnt bring them out for shopping :lol:

$4000 for electrical - either you stay in a EM or a condo. or else no way.

Ex hor...ok here's my breakdown:

Living/Dining

New Lighting point: 13x$25 = $325

Looping for lighting point: 9x$18 = $162

2/way light switch control/concealed: 1x$40 = $40

Concealed light switch cablings: 3 Lots x $90 = $270

Relocation of lighting point = 3x$20 = $60

Relocation/concealed lighting point at ceiling = 1 Lot = $90

Relocation of SCV point = 1x$75 = $75

Relocation of 13A double power point = 1x$40 = $40

New 13A double power point = 1x$60 = $60

Relocation/concealed 13A single power point = 2x$70 = $140

Relocation/concealed existing light switch cabling for balcony = 1 Lot = $70

Kitchen

New lighting point = 3x$25 = $75

New 13A single power point – concealed = 1x$85 = $85

New induction hob point c/w DP switch – concealed = 1 Lot = $100

Concealed light switch cablings = 1 Lot = $90

Bedroom 1

New lighting point = 1x$25 = $25

Concealed light switch cablings = 2 Lots x $90 = $180

Relocation/concealed of SCV point = 1x$95 = $95

Relocation/concealed double 13A power point = 1x$80 = $80

New 13A double power point – concealed = $95

Bedroom 2

New lighting point = 2x$25 = $50

Relocation/concealed existing light switch cabling = 1 Lot x $70 = $70

Master bedroom/Toilet/Walk-in-wardrobe

New lighting point = 9x$25 = $225

Concealed light switch cablings = 3 Lots x $90 = $270

Concealed lighting point at ceiling = 1 Lot x $80 = $80

Relocation/concealed 13A single power point = 2x$70 = $140

Relocation/concealed telephone point = 1x$70 = $70

Termination/isolation of existing flooring power point and SCV point c/w proper cable-link works = 1 Lot x $50 = $50

Installation of light fixture/bell = 51x$10 = $510

Supply dimmer c/w concealed box = 5 Lots x $60 = $300

Total is $3922, after GST is $4196.54

But i bo bian cos my ID run the wires for me (without telling me) then give me the quotation loh. Veri sly. So that's why now...all my lightings I'm buying myself.

But i bo bian cos my ID run the wires for me (without telling me) then give me the quotation loh. Veri sly. So that's why now...all my lightings I'm buying myself.

I dun know the actual prices of the electrical works, but one things i sure know is that how can the ID do things without the owner knowledge de??? :dunno:

If my ID do this to me, i'll tell the ID that i got no $$ to pay as the ID never inform me before hand of the charges. One more things is that the quotation should have indicated the pricing for this electrical works.

I find him cunning too. So how could I say I don't want when he has done up the re-wiring and allocaton of power point? So was 'forced' to sign the quotation.

I find him cunning too. So how could I say I don't want when he has done up the re-wiring and allocaton of power point? So was 'forced' to sign the quotation.

Wow like tat also can, than ur ID are really a cunning ID. Ppl should avoid his company liao.

But how come u sign the quotation after he done up the re-wiring??

Thought tat sign the quote 1st, than commencing of the renovation work rite??

How come in ur case is in the opposite??

Mind u share who is ur ID and wat company??