Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
merryman

Pig Sty

mayer's site has 3 burners squeezed into 750mm also... so i guess it depends how much space you want between burners...

not yet... but I think saw fujioh brochure but it is more expensive compared to ellane/hobz (for chinmey hood + 3burners hob)... where to find stores with bellari and cuizino?!

Bellari is the from the shop named Bellari itself, just opp the flea market at J.Besar.

Seriously after mths of light cooking, i cannot handle all 3 burners at the same time. So most of the time only 1 burner at use, u'll have to consider the pot/pan sizes too as they may obstruct the burner next to it... so as gd as cannot use.

I'm using cuizino.. so far so gd. But i've got one major complain... the fire is too big! sometimes wanna use slow fire to cook also cannot... cos the smallest is still very big!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh ya, another thing. Ur kitchen no backing or wall tiles right? Then u'll have to be careful when u cook. The oil n grease will land on the wall, so in the long run the area behind the hob will 'turn color' faster than the rest of the wall.

i agree with mrs piglet leh, my old place used the 3 burner type and most of the time i only use 1 at most is 2. All 3 use together make me very busy and working space a bit tight esp if u are using pots/saucepan with long handles.

hmm...

actually when u use concurrently, u use 2 a most...but with 3, there is a smaller ring and for me, i find that small ring is really helpful with cooking :) esp for the kids.

if u seldom cook, cango for 2 burners :)

thanks to all for sharing on hob and hood, shall discuss with my wife on the day we go jalan besar on whether to have hood (since no tiles, backing, But only for short time/repainting in future) and whether to have 2 or 3 burners.. :D

ok, learned something yesterday, wc has strap sizes differences?! Can someone enlighten me more on this and what size is likely to fit mine? Does my ID has to take measurement of it before she can tell me?! Possible to measure it yourself?!

ok, learned something yesterday, wc has strap sizes differences?! Can someone enlighten me more on this and what size is likely to fit mine? Does my ID has to take measurement of it before she can tell me?! Possible to measure it yourself?!

Good Morning Merryman,

Yes, WC have difference sizes and there's another thing called collar which also have size. Collar is the thing which you fit inbetween the w.c. and the pipes, help to adjust the location for a better fit also.

We measured ours on our own as our old w.c. pipes below is exposed. The measurement is taken from the wall to the w.c. hole/pipe (hb said estimate to the center of the pipe). Another way that we learnt from the shop was to measure the wall distance to the pipes above the w.c. as the pipes on the ceiling are actually the w.c. pipes for the neighbour above(provided your unit is not on the highest floor).

We bought the w.c. based on our measurements and when the contractors came over to cross out those items to be hacked, he did the measurement for us again and its the same. :D

Some contractors will advise you not to buy first as they cant see the hole clearly. So after hacking, then they do the measurement. You might want to check with your ID about it.

Good Morning Merryman,

Yes, WC have difference sizes and there's another thing called collar which also have size. Collar is the thing which you fit inbetween the w.c. and the pipes, help to adjust the location for a better fit also.

We measured ours on our own as our old w.c. pipes below is exposed. The measurement is taken from the wall to the w.c. hole/pipe (hb said estimate to the center of the pipe). Another way that we learnt from the shop was to measure the wall distance to the pipes above the w.c. as the pipes on the ceiling are actually the w.c. pipes for the neighbour above(provided your unit is not on the highest floor).

We bought the w.c. based on our measurements and when the contractors came over to cross out those items to be hacked, he did the measurement for us again and its the same. :D

Some contractors will advise you not to buy first as they cant see the hole clearly. So after hacking, then they do the measurement. You might want to check with your ID about it.

Good morning Rasp, thanks for the reply... wow, why they make things so difficult for us.. haha...

Thanks for the tip on how to take the measurements, shall try it out myself :D

Edited by merryman

Rasp is correct. For my case, I bought before the hacking, and advise them the measurement after uncle has seen it. U can check with ur ID about this.

Rasp is correct. For my case, I bought before the hacking, and advise them the measurement after uncle has seen it. U can check with ur ID about this.

I see I see, you measure them yourself also?! I better go do some measurements liao.. :D

Edited by merryman

ok, confused, how come each wc has 2 measurements? I though we using one hole only but the wc has 2 measurements for?? is it 2 pipes? Confused leh...

Edited by merryman

ok, confused, how come each wc has 2 measurements? I though we using one hole only but the wc has 2 measurements for?? is it 2 pipes? Confused leh...

Each w.c. have 1 measurement only. I mean you can either measure the distance from the wall to the w.c. hole or (2nd option if you cant see the w.c. hole) to measure the distance from the wall to the pipe at the ceiling which is just above your w.c.

Hope its clear for you. Otherwise, ask your ID to measure for you. :P

MM safest is get ur contractor to measure for u. you can order the bowl first n provided the pipe measurement prior to delivery

Each w.c. have 1 measurement only. I mean you can either measure the distance from the wall to the w.c. hole or (2nd option if you cant see the w.c. hole) to measure the distance from the wall to the pipe at the ceiling which is just above your w.c.

Hope its clear for you. Otherwise, ask your ID to measure for you. :P

MM safest is get ur contractor to measure for u. you can order the bowl first n provided the pipe measurement prior to delivery

Thanks Ivy and Rasp

this ID is slow wor (maybe she busy with her current project and mine hasnt start yet bah!?!) Her reply to me: "Normal" size for HDB is 4" to 6"/8". I unable to guarantee yours is normal size, but you still can buy first & let your supplier know after i dismantle the WC on 25 of Semptember 2009

Rasp, I understand the measurement but... I was told 6&10" for one wc in a shop, what's with the 2 numbers leh?

dimension%20w303.jpg

This is an example of 6&10", not what was shown to me in the shop

EDIT (UPDATED):hahaha, now I know why, that model has two sizes sooooo it can be 6" or 10".... paiseh to make anyone confused hor... me also learning...

Edited by merryman

No problem, just sharing those stuff that I learnt from the shopping trips. :P

I understand that some w.c. are built to fit a number of sizes. Maybe, the example you put up, the pipe within the w.c. might be able to shift to fit either a 6" or 10" distance. There are some w.c. that I came across which can fit the sizes from 4" to 10", meaning should your distance fall within 4" to 10", this w.c. can be use. :D

You can check with the shop owner before the purchase as they deals with it all the time. The most important measurement is your w.c. measurement, once you have it, you can tell the shop owner where they will recommend those w.c. that can be use for your size. :)