Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
merryman

Pig Sty

No problem, just sharing those stuff that I learnt from the shopping trips. :P

I understand that some w.c. are built to fit a number of sizes. Maybe, the example you put up, the pipe within the w.c. might be able to shift to fit either a 6" or 10" distance. There are some w.c. that I came across which can fit the sizes from 4" to 10", meaning should your distance fall within 4" to 10", this w.c. can be use. :D

You can check with the shop owner before the purchase as they deals with it all the time. The most important measurement is your w.c. measurement, once you have it, you can tell the shop owner where they will recommend those w.c. that can be use for your size. :)

yes...the more problemtic will be having less than 4" de...better do check..if not like me...ding dong dunno how many times before getting the right size...:)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
No problem, just sharing those stuff that I learnt from the shopping trips. :P

I understand that some w.c. are built to fit a number of sizes. Maybe, the example you put up, the pipe within the w.c. might be able to shift to fit either a 6" or 10" distance. There are some w.c. that I came across which can fit the sizes from 4" to 10", meaning should your distance fall within 4" to 10", this w.c. can be use. :D

You can check with the shop owner before the purchase as they deals with it all the time. The most important measurement is your w.c. measurement, once you have it, you can tell the shop owner where they will recommend those w.c. that can be use for your size. :)

Thanks Rasp, you're very informative :D thanks for the info

yes...the more problemtic will be having less than 4" de...better do check..if not like me...ding dong dunno how many times before getting the right size...:)

wow, less than 4?! I better measure tonight...

Thanks Rasp, you're very informative :D thanks for the info

wow, less than 4?! I better measure tonight...

yeah i agree, u better measure carefully leh, if not buy oredi then exchange very mafan leh.

the offset for both toilets can be different - for our case, ID advise us to wait till tiling of the toilet done, then can take more accurate measurements. ours turn out to be 5" and 9"

we also asked the guys from asia excel, where we bot our ma tong, they say generally for older flats the hole is further away fm the wall.

all wcs apparently come in a certain no. of different offsets, then the plumber will measure and install the wc with the pan collar, according to the length fm ur wall to the centre of the pipe. the pan collar is supposed to be the factor for the most accurate offsetting and correct installation.

eg: one of our toilet - think the ID gave us 9" offset, but the delivered one was 7.5" or something - the delivery guy told us it was OK - the plumber will use the pan collar and do some adjustments.

so far so good, no problems with both the WC.

ok, confused, how come each wc has 2 measurements? I though we using one hole only but the wc has 2 measurements for?? is it 2 pipes? Confused leh...

No need to worries abt the size thingy. Nowadays they have a adaptor which can fit for most sizes. 6" and 10" is the most common sizes. As for the hob, i suggest u get the Meyer baby hob. I like it, bcoz the price is right and is the size is baby!!

Go to Royal Franco, look for Henry he will able to advise u accordingly.

the offset for both toilets can be different - for our case, ID advise us to wait till tiling of the toilet done, then can take more accurate measurements. ours turn out to be 5" and 9"

we also asked the guys from asia excel, where we bot our ma tong, they say generally for older flats the hole is further away fm the wall.

all wcs apparently come in a certain no. of different offsets, then the plumber will measure and install the wc with the pan collar, according to the length fm ur wall to the centre of the pipe. the pan collar is supposed to be the factor for the most accurate offsetting and correct installation.

eg: one of our toilet - think the ID gave us 9" offset, but the delivered one was 7.5" or something - the delivery guy told us it was OK - the plumber will use the pan collar and do some adjustments.

so far so good, no problems with both the WC.

No need to worries abt the size thingy. Nowadays they have a adaptor which can fit for most sizes. 6" and 10" is the most common sizes. As for the hob, i suggest u get the Meyer baby hob. I like it, bcoz the price is right and is the size is baby!!

Go to Royal Franco, look for Henry he will able to advise u accordingly.

Thanks guys... really help me a lot with the additional info on pan collar

Blackcar, I might be getting local brand for hob though... and I think with what beany shared about pancollar, no wonder 6" can fit most HDBs :D

this ID is slow wor (maybe she busy with her current project and mine hasnt start yet bah!?!) Her reply to me: "Normal" size for HDB is 4" to 6"/8". I unable to guarantee yours is normal size, but you still can buy first & let your supplier know after i dismantle the WC on 25 of Semptember 2009

Hi merryman, I think Lynn works this way ba, step by step. My reno starting soon but she also never inform me what to get yet. Anyway, so surprise and happy to see my nick under your t-blog :D

Rondy,

Notice my signature?! It will not be so soon..

this ID is slow wor (maybe she busy with her current project and mine hasnt start yet bah!?!) Her reply to me: "Normal" size for HDB is 4" to 6"/8". I unable to guarantee yours is normal size, but you still can buy first & let your supplier know after i dismantle the WC on 25 of Semptember 2009

Hi merryman, I think Lynn works this way ba, step by step. My reno starting soon but she also never inform me what to get yet. Anyway, so surprise and happy to see my nick under your t-blog :D

hahaha... i was bored when doing the signature :P

yea, i've been asking her for timeline to provide her with dimensions of stuff but she still hasnt seen me anything, really step by step, i hope i don't have issues the last minute, maybe the shops she recommends can provide the stuff ?! I just like to have time to shop for my things as I'm not free every weekend...

Rondy,

Notice my signature?! It will not be so soon..

hahaha... i was bored when doing the signature :P

yea, i've been asking her for timeline to provide her with dimensions of stuff but she still hasnt seen me anything, really step by step, i hope i don't have issues the last minute, maybe the shops she recommends can provide the stuff ?! I just like to have time to shop for my things as I'm not free every weekend...

I just met up with her ard 9pm plus at my place to discuss the socket location and she just passed me the schedule. Until now i still just look look c c haven't purchase anything.

Haven't post in here for a while as still waiting for renovation to start...

Meanwhile, still haven't order lights, taps and aircon...

How many taps do I need actually? I'm confused... Kitchen, 2washrooms' basins, 2showerheads, what are some taps that I need?

Haven't post in here for a while as still waiting for renovation to start...

Meanwhile, still haven't order lights, taps and aircon...

How many taps do I need actually? I'm confused... Kitchen, 2washrooms' basins, 2showerheads, what are some taps that I need?

Hihi Merryman,

We bought 2 taps for the 2 bathrooms, 1 tap for the kitchen sink. Total 3 taps. For the showerheads, we only bought 1 which is for our storage heater as it doesn't come with it. For those instant heater, the shower head set are usually include in the heater set.

Apart from these, those other essential stuffs that we bought are 2 w.c.s for each bathrooms, 2 wash basins for each bathrooms and 1 kitchen sink.

The accessories like mirror, glass shelfs, soap holder/dispenser, towel bars etc... are optional.

You might want to check how many bathrooms are you renovating (as some people recycled their common bathroom stuff or combine the 2 bathrooms, hence only need 1 set of bathroom stuffs). :)

Hihi Merryman,

We bought 2 taps for the 2 bathrooms, 1 tap for the kitchen sink. Total 3 taps. For the showerheads, we only bought 1 which is for our storage heater as it doesn't come with it. For those instant heater, the shower head set are usually include in the heater set.

Apart from these, those other essential stuffs that we bought are 2 w.c.s for each bathrooms, 2 wash basins for each bathrooms and 1 kitchen sink.

The accessories like mirror, glass shelfs, soap holder/dispenser, towel bars etc... are optional.

You might want to check how many bathrooms are you renovating (as some people recycled their common bathroom stuff or combine the 2 bathrooms, hence only need 1 set of bathroom stuffs). :)

Thank you thank you, I guess I'm giving myself more issues because the taps at where I'm getting my WC and basins are a little bit more costly than some places, so might not be getting from the same place, thus my questions...

Thanks for the help... :D I think I will confirm the number of taps with my wife soon... :D

Thank you thank you, I guess I'm giving myself more issues because the taps at where I'm getting my WC and basins are a little bit more costly than some places, so might not be getting from the same place, thus my questions...

Thanks for the help... :D I think I will confirm the number of taps with my wife soon... :D

No problem. :D

Just to share, my hb chose to get the package that include w.c. + basin. According to him, its much cheaper to go for the package. You might want to check out if they have package.

During our shopping for the bathroom stuff, we asked about the price of each individual item and then ask if the price can be cheaper, e.g. the tap is $65, they give us $60. Then when we confirm all the items, ask for further discount off the final amount. And usually the shop will give this 'round-up' discount from the whole amount, provided you get quite a number of stuff from them. We found that its easier to get discount if we consolidate the items and get from a single place.

By the way, I left out the handspray in the last post. You might want to consider if you want to have handspray cause I found that if we get the 2-way tap (for instant heater), there is usually a outlet for those plastic tubes. Hence, can skip the handspray and use this outlet for washing if you want to cut the cost. But there isn't much saving by doing so as 1 handspray is around 20bucks only. ;)

wow MM, waiting for your reno to start leh, wait until neck long long liao. so where u gtg your taps and accessories? last time i bought my accessories with comes with the bathroom towel bar, soap holder, toothbrush holder with glass cup, glass panel etc etc, 1 whole set the cheapest i've recee should be around $80.00 lor.

wow MM, waiting for your reno to start leh, wait until neck long long liao. so where u gtg your taps and accessories? last time i bought my accessories with comes with the bathroom towel bar, soap holder, toothbrush holder with glass cup, glass panel etc etc, 1 whole set the cheapest i've recee should be around $80.00 lor.

yalar, caught between the wait for 7th month to be over mah, haiz... if not I can start shifting liao...

I don't know yet, still price-shopping :P... you have such a good deal :D