Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
delonchew

Home & Furnishing: Certain about curtains!

haha i know how it feels... i just calculated our spendings to date, didnt realise we've coughed up so much amount in cash! kinda amazed we managed to have that much yet spend it all in a short time :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
haha i know how it feels... i just calculated our spendings to date, didnt realise we've coughed up so much amount in cash! kinda amazed we managed to have that much yet spend it all in a short time :P

Ya, that's something quite unbelievable...

But i think that usually happens to first timer couple like us, who gets their own flat the first time... :notti:

And i do noe that if the next time we get a new place, i would definitely not spend so much again..

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk281/t...e/FSCN0263a.jpg

Excuse my poor photography

Just had my curtains done by Lydia Interior Services, #B1-42 Bukit Timah Plaza.

These guys gave me the cheapest of about five quotes (from mainly the west side of the Island). But that wasnt my only critiera. I was looking for Block Out material and they had some in their range which the other guys didnt have.

Very happy with the service and outcome. The Block Out really works, in one of my rooms is nearly pitched dark even in the middle of the day. Now I have the choice to either rely on the alarm clock to wake up, or leave a gap in the curtains and let the sun wake me up.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk281/t...e/FSCN0263a.jpg

Excuse my poor photography

Just had my curtains done by Lydia Interior Services, #B1-42 Bukit Timah Plaza.

These guys gave me the cheapest of about five quotes (from mainly the west side of the Island). But that wasnt my only critiera. I was looking for Block Out material and they had some in their range which the other guys didnt have.

Very happy with the service and outcome. The Block Out really works, in one of my rooms is nearly pitched dark even in the middle of the day. Now I have the choice to either rely on the alarm clock to wake up, or leave a gap in the curtains and let the sun wake me up.

Hi Tinbloke

can advise what was the damage and how much they charged u?

I went to Bukit Timah Shopping centre yesterday to this place called Sincere

Their prices were reasonable but i have not been to others as yet

thanks

Hi Tinbloke

can advise what was the damage and how much they charged u?

I went to Bukit Timah Shopping centre yesterday to this place called Sincere

Their prices were reasonable but i have not been to others as yet

thanks

SmartFool, can u let me know how much Sincere quoted you and for what dimensions/material curtains are you making? Im also looking for curtains and will most probably scout around the west area 1st. Tinbloke, pls do share with us how much was your damage for the block-out + day curtains. I'm also intending to get day + block-out.

Txs!

Sorry if this question seem silly, but when you order the curtains, does the seller come over to install for you also? :bath:

Thanks in advance!

SmartFool, can u let me know how much Sincere quoted you and for what dimensions/material curtains are you making? Im also looking for curtains and will most probably scout around the west area 1st. Tinbloke, pls do share with us how much was your damage for the block-out + day curtains. I'm also intending to get day + block-out.

Txs!

Paiseh i overlooked this post

Sincere quoted a rough price of around 200-400SGD for a 7 foot + curtain

also dependent on material

actually would advise u to go check them out

like organza was some crazy price if its double layer

i was there by chance as dinner was in the vicinity

market rate i think organza (1 layer) plus 1 layer of night curtain around 700 ba

not so sure

need to go get some other quotes

anybody can comment?

Looks better after I put my day curtain inside, and night curtain outside.

Nice curtains! For my MBR, we used white sheer for the day curtains on top of the black out ones. Looking at your pictures, I wonder if we should use a dark sheer day curtain. Hmm...

I did mine with Jimmy Textiles. My hubby was recommended by his friend to go to Joo Chiat complex, and we chance upon his shop. We were attended to by Jimmy himself, who is a very pleasant man. Very good salesman and not the calculative type. What I like is he could give me a quote straightaway, unlike some other salesmen who cannot give precise quotes.

Edited by JS21

Living room

living_curtains2.jpg

Pretty tassels.

living_curtains3.jpg

Good stitching.

living_curtains4.jpg

In the day.

livingrm_curtains_night.jpg

At night.

freepillows.jpg

Free pillows from curtain maker.