Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mummymantras

Home Is Where The Art Is...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Project File pricing is on the (much) higher side compared to other IDs. Also a lot of their carpentry is done with plywood, so for the price they are asking for vs the quality that they are providing, the value proposition isn't really there.

We really like the ID whom we spoke to though. :)

Project File pricing is on the (much) higher side compared to other IDs. Also a lot of their carpentry is done with plywood, so for the price they are asking for vs the quality that they are providing, the value proposition isn't really there.

We really like the ID whom we spoke to though. :)

I guess it's... artistic vision = A+, value-for-money = C :rolleyes:

The problem I'm having so far is that I haven't been able to find an ID who has a dose of creative spark in them AND provides quality work at the same time... Sigh...

with all the real book u have u can make book shelve on the door and display it with all your real book , the negative is it will be heavy to push , postitive is you will end up with very strong arm :P

After reading a post by JumpStreet on Mabaricows' t-blog, I've begun dreaming about trompe l’oeil bookcase wallpaper... especially along the passageway leading to my bedrooms, on my master bedroom wall, or even on the cabinets in my open plan kitchen. The printed word as food for the mind and a feast for the eyes... I love it! :dancingqueen:

Am in love with this heavenly image:

lacroix.jpg

And this one (slightly more modern but no less desirable):

bookshelf-wallpaper-by-young-battaglia-vintage-3091-p.jpg

And am really tickled by this fake door:

SecretDoorHomeImage.jpg

Can you imagine putting this on your bedroom door? Then, you can play a game with your party guests and see how long it takes them to figure out that there doesn't appear to be any MBR in your flat! :notti:

with all the real book u have u can make book shelve on the door and display it with all your real book , the negative is it will be heavy to push , postitive is you will end up with very strong arm :P

I'll get very toned arms after just a year at my new home! :D

In fact, my hubby was joking that we should have one of those secret doors built into our bookshelf. You know, like in those that feature in Enid Blyton mysteries or Scooby Doo cartoons, where you pull on a special book that actually unlocks a hidden door and part of the bookcase swings open, revealing a dark hidden secret of the house! (cue thunder, lightening and sinister laughter...)

But that might be just a bit too corny... My daughters would probably be tickled pink by it though... :D

Definitely a blog I'll be following!

Wish now we had kept all of our books, we probably had a few thousand but had to donate them all to the charity shop because it was too expensive to ship to Singapore!

And glad to find fellow Ramones fans! HB and I joke that Ï wanna be sedated"is the theme song of our relationship!

Edited by patsy_sg

Yay Ramones!

U may want to try Design Practice. Google them and see their portfolio. May interest u.

If u want a totally dedicated ID u can try Lloyd Pek. Renotalkers rate him highly as a perfectionist and high QA but may run into some difficulties when meeting timelines. Search for some of his work to find out. He had a circular living room in a 5rm.

Yay Ramones!

U may want to try Design Practice. Google them and see their portfolio. May interest u.

If u want a totally dedicated ID u can try Lloyd Pek. Renotalkers rate him highly as a perfectionist and high QA but may run into some difficulties when meeting timelines. Search for some of his work to find out. He had a circular living room in a 5rm.

here's loyd pek's work: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24846 http://loydpek.blogspot.com/

Definitely a blog I'll be following!

Wish now we had kept all of our books, we probably had a few thousand but had to donate them all to the charity shop because it was too expensive to ship to Singapore!

And glad to find fellow Ramones fans! HB and I joke that Ï wanna be sedated"is the theme song of our relationship!

:D

Our theme song would probably be "True Faith"! ;)

Wow! I must admit that Mickey M's chosen design was not ... ahem ... to my taste. But the amount of work and thought that Loyd put into meeting his client's needs and expectations was quite extraordinary.

Some of the work featured in his blog is also quite nice. However, there hasn't been any updates since August 2010. Does anyone know whether he's still in business?

Impressive concepts u got there !!

But i think cleaning will be a headache if all the book shelves do not have glass panels to keep out the dust? :unsure:

Probably! :rolleyes:

But I've got young kids, so large glass panels on anything would be unwise. As a child, I once crashed headlong into a glass-fronted cabinet in my parents' living room. I was lucky to have escaped with nothing more than a partially severed finger. Fortunately my mum got me to the hospital on time and the doctors managed to successfully reattach it. So, nope. No glass anywhere, if it can be helped. :P

But for places where we really have to have glass, we'll either get safety glass or (better yet) acrylic. But we're hoping to keep the presence of anything breakable to a minimum. :D

Good afternoon, Renotalkers!

Am stuck at home this week. There's been an outbreak of HFMD at my daughters' childcare centre, so mummy and her daughters are all stuck at home. Just this morning, we played hide-and-seek, sang songs, read books, made assorted arts and crafts out of tissue paper, cardboard, tin foil and glitter crayons... and now they are bored... Sigh...

Anyway, my obsession for today is tables!

21_ethnicraft8.jpg

I love this one by Originals. Study construction and clean lines is just my thing. I would, however, prefer the benches to have cushions. Hard, wooden seats can be a real pain in the ***! :D

This Mapp table (part of Plank Living) by Air Division is also a real beauty!

image-13.jpg

haha.. I crashed into glass panels before too when I was very young.

yea.. Safety is more impt :sport-smiley-018:

Probably! :rolleyes:

But I've got young kids, so large glass panels on anything would be unwise. As a child, I once crashed headlong into a glass-fronted cabinet in my parents' living room. I was lucky to have escaped with nothing more than a partially severed finger. Fortunately my mum got me to the hospital on time and the doctors managed to successfully reattach it. So, nope. No glass anywhere, if it can be helped. :P

But for places where we really have to have glass, we'll either get safety glass or (better yet) acrylic. But we're hoping to keep the presence of anything breakable to a minimum. :D

wow.. this blog is indeed worth to follow and to drool... :)

envy the whole amount of books you have.

too bad, my hub only interested in magazines (read: FHM and Torte)

Haa..