Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

My New Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

the wrongly done up backsplash! how's it?

backsplash08.jpg

closeup of the newly install tap:

tap08.jpg

my ID oso installed de clothes rack for us:

clothes_rack08.jpg

(initially still tot of going to measure n buy den ask him install, but he oredi installed =p)

nxt have got to be de vanity in mbr bathroom which hubby ask for change of laminate:

vanity08.jpg

light oso installed here:

vanity_light08.jpg

Edited by mwerkz

n closeup of the laminate selected:

closeup_vanity08.jpg

wah.. we started our reno almost at the same time. :) ur home is turning out to be very nice, love ur WIW esp.

keke. thanx. so how's urs coming along? my is completing this sat =)

hi purple sky,

de wall tiles as requested:

tiles08.jpg

i guess my reno is coming to an end. only left with:

• tempered glass backsplash in kitchen
  • tempered glass top for vanity in mbr bathroom
  • mbr bathroom sink
  • full height mirror in wiw (haven't verify if done)
  • acid wash
  • touchup
  • handover

my ID oso installed de clothes rack for us:

clothes_rack08.jpg

(initially still tot of going to measure n buy den ask him install, but he oredi installed =p)

wah! like ur clothes rack.... :dribble:

mine is so ugly....

dun see such matte ones outside leh. ur ID buy from where?

keke. thanx. so how's urs coming along? my is completing this sat =)

mine more or less done 7788 le. :D coz i don't have so much carpentary as yours. $$ not enough :(

:deal: how much you had spend so far?

wah! like ur clothes rack.... :dribble:

mine is so ugly....

dun see such matte ones outside leh. ur ID buy from where?

keke. not sure isit matte ones. but i think it is. i saw black one at my office here de hardware shop leh. but he use silver one.

i believe everywhere got the matt one. think de one i saw at my office here oso matt.

The kitchen backsplash is nice! Think dun need to remove it lah. :)

lol. nice meh? but still think dun haf nicer.

maybe dun remove lo. ask for discount =x

mine more or less done 7788 le. :D coz i don't have so much carpentary as yours. $$ not enough :(

:deal: how much you had spend so far?

juz ID alone last time quoted was 45790 + 200+ (plaster mbr beadhead wall flat) + 300 (tempered glass backsplash) + dunno how much (2 2way switch) + dunno how much (bigger than usual solid top) + watever extra lo =p

i oso dunno the cost up till now. wait till sat lo =p

keke. i moved in even before my ID did de handover. juz moved all my stuffs here. =p

wah. surprisingly my red apple furniture came as per arranged. last nite dey called me at 3pm to arrange delivery for today morning 11-2pm. oso say dey will call me 30mins prior to arrival. den i ignored their delivery timing n went to aunt's hm to pick up my tv hoping that audio house pple can mount for me.

wow. at 1020am. red apple called and asked if we are at home, saying they are already outside my hm. lol. den i told them, 30mins can? dey say take my time. de moment i reached home at 1110am, dey were outside my hm fixing up de neccessary furnitures. keke. dey den proceeded to bring the furniture in after i opened the door. everything arrived as per ordered. so happy with them. i guess i m the first happy customer of red apple. :notti:

nxt to arrive was my tv at 130pm. wah. immediately called my ID, cos de tv wall feature laminate was abit wavy. he say he try to rush down asap. den was thinking, siao liao. if need to change the whole laminate, cannot ask audio house pple to mount the tv for me. den who mount? den my ID tot me something new. juz iron the laminate to let the air bubbles out, den ok liao. keke. so audio house pple went ahead to mount my tv on de feature wall.

keke. dis time dey were abit pitiful, cos there was some prob with the feature wall cable pipe, so dey were unable to help me connect up the tv nicely in the feature wall. after which my ID say will get his electrician n carpenter to rectify de situation on mon =p

so we proceeded to iron the laminate. keke. it really works. but of cos not as nice as nicely pasted laminate, but definitely much better den how it was installed. nevertheless still please. cos as we all know, glossy laminate alot of problem with wavy-ness one. so juz give n take abit.

nxt to come was gain city washer guys. simple task. check n tested to be working n dey left.

erms.. it's close to 5, but no news from fridge (gain city) n roller blind (holly interior). called both companies up, fridge guys change the timing from 2-5 till 7-9 without informing me. give them a good scolding, den de delivery guys called to say coming in 5mins -_-"

so dey came, as usual, gain city guys took alot of effort to try not to damage my floor, using carton boxes to lay their way in. very thoughtful of them. even took extra effort not to scratch my gate n door. really have to thank them for it. =p

decided to push roller blind delivery to another day, cos need to rush out for dinner. keke.

went to giant to purchase all my cleaning stuffs. spent a total of 80++ buying juz cleaning accessories. not even inclusive of my detergent, cos dey dun haf the box version -_-"

dere was this young lady behind me n hubby when we were queueing up to pay for our stuffs. ****.. we really look like uncle n auntie with all our purchases :(

wat a busy, eventful n tired day we have today =p

Edited by mwerkz

thanks for the info mwerkz! but too late for me liao cos mine already mounted. i gotta live wif it....sigh....

(plus FIL it got for us....better dun change)

sounded like everythin went well for u on delivery day! very rare leh...u lucky ger! (esp wif the red apple since there's so much neg comments bout them...)

next sat my turn to wait for red apple delivery ...hope mine will be like urs so smooth sailing.......

take pics of ur hse with furnitures!

keke. yup. all of the purchased furnitures are in. basically left with waitng for last round of rectification tml by electrician - hood connection loose, some round round things which looks like it shuld belong inside de hood. need to check with electrician tml.

cutlery tray for kitchen cabinet missing n study room glass door to install air trapper so air con wun leak out =p

lol. now house in a mess from all de rubbishes due to moving house. so no pics yet. when i m done, ID say wanna get professional in to take photo so can feature in magazine wor. keke. but i so lazy to pack, i guess tat day will nv come :unsure: