Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

Which Car Are You Driving Now?

Mace:

almost fell on the floor when i saw your post...din noticed it until now...haha

next time u see ah mahs and ah gongs walk up to a wrx and slotting their letters into the *mailbox* dun luff hor..they think this mobile *mailbox* can send the letters to china faster...hehe

Phantom/kat:

yeah, both are rally champions yet unfortunately in spore both get branded quite heavily.

when expressed that we can consider the evoX, my mrs protested vehemently, she rather we consider a JAZZ/FIT instead.

think she picture herself, open the car door, in nice office wear (esp dress) with a nice bag,stepping out from the evo, the image doesn't quite match....after thinking, agree with her lah. but given a choice,

i'd rather be an EVO beng than a WRX boxer :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my display about full liao :D

img0191mm8.jpg

still got these kits bought 4-5 yrs ago never do yet :notti:

img0178sm4.jpg

hehee...phantom, nor....here's the AE86 R/C cover...haha

Edited by compassvale

hmmm how come all discussing abt evos & rexs....no one planning to get VW GTi? !! :yamseng:

hehe....the ultimate hothatch.....

the beautiful *marriage* between supercharger and turbocharger....lol

not to mention the DSG..... !!

erm....yeap...

if choose between SSS, cooperS, UK CTR and other hatches,

would go for VW GTI, or better yet, the R32 :horse:

but the interior is really function over form...not as nice as the UK CTR interior.

golf_r32.FlashResource.9824.ImageLarge.Image.jpg

hd_typeR_in.gif

Edited by compassvale

TOO fast TOO furious !!

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singapor...nt.jsp?id=10371

wrx1og2.jpg

wrx2en9.jpg

what if someone was at the bus stop waiting for the bus? and the "mobile postbox" came crashing along? !!

people already have not-so-good impressions on wrx/evos, why reinforce their beliefs further with such reckless acts....

there's a difference between fast drivers and reckless ones.

this reminds me of the accident we saw couple of months back at punggol as we drove past...this one is a SSS on its roof...

sigh...

image024wx5.jpg

Edited by compassvale

Sigh.. That's really bad huh? We see many taxi drivers on the road who drive recklessly and dangerously. Thus, we will always stay away from ALL taxis.. With a few black sheep among the Evos' and Rexs' drivers, they are labelled Ah Bengs... !!

well, a colleage of mine drives a wrx... imagine you are working in a professional job and drive a rally car...

like tak match like that.. lol..

but i respect ppl for what they wanna drive...

Mace:

next time u see ah mahs and ah gongs walk up to a wrx and slotting their letters into the *mailbox* dun luff hor..they think this mobile *mailbox* can send the letters to china faster...hehe

Phantom/kat:

yeah, both are rally champions yet unfortunately in spore both get branded quite heavily.

when expressed that we can consider the evoX, my mrs protested vehemently, she rather we consider a JAZZ/FIT instead.

think she picture herself, open the car door, in nice office wear (esp dress) with a nice bag,stepping out from the evo, the image doesn't quite match....after thinking, agree with her lah. but given a choice,

i'd rather be an EVO beng than a WRX boxer !!

Well, the missus say functionality first. lol..

Mace:

Phantom/kat:

i'd rather be an EVO beng than a WRX boxer :furious:

Read in Evo forum that EvoX is on the roads liao. But till date, only seen the lancers but not the Evox leh.. Maybe undergoing heavy mods. :yamseng:

Initially, my boy and I were discussing on whether to get an Evo or Rex.. Ended up settling for the Evo. My boy was complaining that there are many TS faking WRXs. Spoiled the market lar.. Of course, there are also lancers trying to achieve the Evo looks. But at least, lancers and Evos are not sharing the same chassis, whereas imprezas shared the same chassis with Rexs..

But ultimately, we are glad we made the decision to be an 'Evo beng' than a WRX boxer.. Enjoyed the ride throughly even thou the FC is killing us.. :sport-smiley-018:

well, a colleage of mine drives a wrx... imagine you are working in a professional job and drive a rally car...

like tak match like that.. lol..

but i respect ppl for what they wanna drive...

Well, the missus say functionality first. lol..

Gee. Sometimes, it's really weird to see someone in suit and tie driving rally cars.. I also told my boy that he looked like that hard core salesman doing insurance. No offence to insurance agents.. :thumbs up:

There is a kopitiam opposite Boat Quay where alot of insurance and property agents hang out. If you drive to the big carpark next to it, you can see all kind of 'tiong chias' there..

Read in Evo forum that EvoX is on the roads liao. But till date, only seen the lancers but not the Evox leh.. Maybe undergoing heavy mods. :lol:

Initially, my boy and I were discussing on whether to get an Evo or Rex.. Ended up settling for the Evo. My boy was complaining that there are many TS faking WRXs. Spoiled the market lar.. Of course, there are also lancers trying to achieve the Evo looks. But at least, lancers and Evos are not sharing the same chassis, whereas imprezas shared the same chassis with Rexs..

But ultimately, we are glad we made the decision to be an 'Evo beng' than a WRX boxer.. Enjoyed the ride throughly even thou the FC is killing us.. !!

Gee. Sometimes, it's really weird to see someone in suit and tie driving rally cars.. I also told my boy that he looked like that hard core salesman doing insurance. No offence to insurance agents.. !!

There is a kopitiam opposite Boat Quay where alot of insurance and property agents hang out. If you drive to the big carpark next to it, you can see all kind of 'tiong chias' there..

got, actually saw a white evoX around paya lebar around late october....but it would be the 5MT, not the SST that is similar to Golf's DSG. the full-spec EvoX with SST would be here around now, December ba.....

Long time ago (say >5 years back) WRX and EVOs were in the 130-150K regions.....

really really exclusive and you RARELY see one on the road. But nowadays with the COE prices going south, you see more, esp base WRXs as the prices start from only 80k oddish. So it no longers become exclusive anymore, u can spot one at almost every alternate traffic light. EVOs however, still hovered around 110-120K region and thus relatively fewer to spot on the road and thus still *kept* its slight exclusivity over the WRX.

Glad you guys chose the EVO, i would have been an EVO beng too if not for my missus. Now I am a Rotarian (nope, not from the Rotary Club of Singapore :P ) They just released a new 1.6litre rotary engine at the Tokyo Motor Show just in October, sparking off rumours of the RX7 revival.

If the new model still keeps to the 2+2 format, probably can still go for it with a child or two behind. If it's strictly 2 seater like the RX7, then probably not. Unless by then can get the 2nd ride of an SUV/MPV. Then can consider. Just for cruises for me and mrs :) And the SUV/MPV for other days/uses.

Think the kopitiam sells ba ku teh one right? The clear soup kind...yum yum :rolleyes:

Edited by compassvale

Like i mentioned. the subarus are alot cheaper today.. u can get the rex sti now for around 105k while the evox costs around 130k.

look at the pricing differential.

the basic subaru impreza costs around 60k with plenty of ppl spending another 15k to mod up the little car.. most of these ppl want to have zznng the car but don't wanna really pay the hundred odd grand for it....

i always say... unless u racing the car for a living, not much point to znng an integra type R... or a EvoX .... its more or less.. znng-"ed" for you..

hey compassvale.. same idea here leh.. one nice cruise for me and the missus.. another for the family.. lol.. although i'm thinking 2nd of suv... wife prefers a sedan....

same idea though... heh heh

got, actually saw a white evoX around paya lebar around late october....but it would be the 5MT, not the SST that is similar to Golf's DSG. the full-spec EvoX with SST would be here around now, December ba.....

Long time ago (say >5 years back) WRX and EVOs were in the 130-150K regions.....

really really exclusive and you RARELY see one on the road. But nowadays with the COE prices going south, you see more, esp base WRXs as the prices start from only 80k oddish. So it no longers become exclusive anymore, u can spot one at almost every alternate traffic light. EVOs however, still hovered around 110-120K region and thus relatively fewer to spot on the road and thus still *kept* its slight exclusivity over the WRX.

Glad you guys chose the EVO, i would have been an EVO beng too if not for my missus. Now I am a Rotarian (nope, not from the Rotary Club of Singapore :P ) They just released a new 1.6litre rotary engine at the Tokyo Motor Show just in October, sparking off rumours of the RX7 revival.

If the new model still keeps to the 2+2 format, probably can still go for it with a child or two behind. If it's strictly 2 seater like the RX7, then probably not. Unless by then can get the 2nd ride of an SUV/MPV. Then can consider. Just for cruises for me and mrs :) And the SUV/MPV for other days/uses.

Think the kopitiam sells ba ku teh one right? The clear soup kind...yum yum :dribble:

Yup. Really see alot of WRXs on the road. Somemore, they came out with the auto models. :unsure: I had friends changing from auto saloon cars to the automatic WRX. :P

I was kind of surprised that EvoX is not as $$$ as we were told.. Before we got the 9, we were told that 10 will be much more higher priced than the 9s.. Was debating to get the 9 or the 10.. Settled for the 9 because we thought that 10 is abit tad big & long for a rally car. It looks abit like the old Galant leh..

U mean RX7 is coming back? That's a super chio car!:( But the FC can also kill leh.. Not much on the road now..

I never been to the kopitiam.. Just parked there to wait for friends.. You can hardly find any seats man! Always full of the insurance and property executives.. :notti:

Btw, I still don't know what you driving now, Mr Compassvale.. 8|

Btw, I still don't know what you driving now, Mr Compassvale.. :dribble:

driving this mah, earlier already posted liao :notti:

img0177bw1.jpg

ok lah, this is the actual colour :P ,

ooops, that's mrs beside the car,

bet you can imagine how happier she is with this rather than the evoX :P

img0129azy8.jpg

hey compassvale.. same idea here leh.. one nice cruise for me and the missus.. another for the family.. lol.. although i'm thinking 2nd of suv... wife prefers a sedan....

same idea though... heh heh

or Phantom, we can get either and switch rides now and then??? :unsure:

good idea right? next time you get the Cayenne, we get the GTR/new RX and

we have best of both worlds...heee :(

depends how heavy is the right foot lor....

never did the maths, and never pump full tank also cos dun like

the idea of carrying dead weight around..normally pump to half or at most 3/4 tank nia...

but think forums say about 8-9km/litre nia ba average...or can be as low as 6-7 if really heavy right foot..

but no point lah.....stomp how heavy also not fast enough one lor, also not loud enough to scare motorists one lor....

but must get used to the fuel consumption lah....the 3.8litre GTR not going to give 12-15km/litre also,

neither will the 6coupe :unsure:

if particular about fuel consumption, nothing can beat the hybrids liao...Civic Hybrid and Prius!

Phantom, your one leh? :(

if only can win 4D or TOTO,

can buy this for mrs compassvale to zip around town...

friend just got his. quite impressed with the boot space and the interior space..

FC also not bad wor...around 13-15 :P

m2aqu5.jpg

m2bpp4.jpg

m2cnm1.jpg

nice .... wat is the damage ?

not yet leh...

actually have quite a few products that claim to save fuel..but then the $ paid for them, and the difference after using the products..may have to wait quite long before the savings substantiate the cost of the product.

as for those open pod, CAI,

think not really improve FC ba...but rather help the engine *breathe* easier...but then comes at a cost of a *louder* engine ba....still prefer not to make it too loud :dribble:

think will keep it stock for now, only things wanna change are the rims and maybe final drive.

still looking out for good deals for Volks CE28 or RE30 :notti:

I just done my CAI and heat sheild last wkend .. shall monitor and see whether can save fuel or not since my Rpm had reduce by 200 to 300 .

nice .... wat is the damage ?

I just done my CAI and heat sheild last wkend .. shall monitor and see whether can save fuel or not since my Rpm had reduce by 200 to 300 .

think he paid high 50s for it

was washing the car with him last weekend, a middle-aged couple walked past and said, wah..

the new mazda 2, nice nice! bet he was gleaming with happiness when he heard them :P

dc071208001sr4.jpg

dc071208002jo5.jpg

compassvale driving a mazda.. lol..

RX 7 FC is crazy... its like a elephant drinking water.

Thanks Mr Phantom. :P

Yup, RX7 FC is really too high for daily usage.. Anyway, all fast cars FC are like that.. :dribble:

driving this mah, earlier already posted liao 8|

img0177bw1.jpg

ok lah, this is the actual colour :) ,

ooops, that's mrs beside the car,

bet you can imagine how happier she is with this rather than the evoX :P

img0129azy8.jpg

or Phantom, we can get either and switch rides now and then??? :unsure:

good idea right? next time you get the Cayenne, we get the GTR/new RX and

we have best of both worlds...heee :(

Huh? Why did she prefer the RX8 than Evo? Guess most gers like RX8 more than Evo.. But Evo really got the robotic body that I love leh.. But for EvoX, the robotic look is history.. :notti:

You driving the manual or the auto one? How is your FC?