Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newnyew

<<<讨厌小姐的new家@fernvale>>>

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

new! I like your positive attitude :):good: i always believe, no reno will be perfectly fuss free. what's important is to maintain a positive mind to deal with it till completion and I do agree with the rest, despite some of the hiccups, your place generally looks good.

Decided to close off this thread as its making many people unhappy.

So u setting up another thread?? IMHO, I felt people are more concern on you than unhappy.

Edited by jaskel

ya new!!! stay positive...sms me should you need any help ok....don't worry about others... most impt is you are just sharing your reno progress....*huggies*

Decided to close off this thread as its making many people unhappy.

why close off this thread? I think u're just being honest. Reno is not always a happy experience for everyone even if it involves the same contractor/id.

a blog is for pple to blog out their happiness, in regardless of happy or unhappy stuffs.

NN, why care who say what. Whoever don't likes it, just ignore viewing yr blog. Who cares right? Don't bother abt them.

It not as simple as u all thought....Yes u know who u are :furious: and I'm really not happy about that...New is not wrong to post her unhappiness on her reno but u don't need to said such harsh words to her...even Ah soon club don't deny the facts of his goods n bad on engaging him in the forum but why u so not happy about New posting her reno done by Mr Yeak....This forum is meant to share, recommend, talk about good and bad things but u only want to hear or read on good things of Mr Yeak....this is not Class 95 FM lor. If u r not happy of what I wrote, u can come straight to me, don't look for new, she just an innocent party. She already having pressure on the reno stuffs and u instead of helping her, said such words. Now she choose to close now the thread, u must be laughing at your bed right now, happy 'bo'.

Hi Newnyew,

I am surprised to see that you edited/deleted your post today. Frankly, I don't think you need to do it. The forum need our honest sharing about our reno experience as well as feedbacks on the contractors. Like you mentioned earlier at my blog, if you have not deleted your post, I might have gotten a better lobang for my instant heater. :~ Likewise, your experience is very valuable to the rest of us who will be or currently doing our reno.

I really appreciate all those selfless sharing on the areas to lookout for as well as tips on reno from this forum. Without these honest feedbacks/ tips, I believe many of us would be walking into the shops clueless on what to expect and ask during the id search and reno.

Please don't feel bad about sharing your experience. There are always good and bad experiences, I don't think its fair if we only share the good ones and kept the bad ones away. If so, then others are going to walk in blindly and I believe you don't want to see that happen.

Do stay positive and keep us updated.

Cheers!

Huh.. got who so orr xim?? Hmm.. new sista. mai worry k.. nothing wrong wif u just sharing ur experiences de.. like for me.. some pple wif wellmax bo dai chi.. then my turn.. dai chi zhuay zhuay.. i oso wrote accordingly mah.. ^^ .. cheer upz k..

Huh ? who is being nasty to you for being honest ?

Without honest comments, how are we to know whether the contractor/ID is good ?

Having a honest reno blog can help alot of ppl like me who are looking for potential ID/contractors to do up my house

Moreover, it's our hard earned $$, therefore if the work done is really not up to your expectations, they should try their best to rectify it for you.

Like what Jaskel said, this is not class 95 leh, we don't say only what people love to hear leh

Newnyew, don't close the thread leh.

My take on the whole thing is as long as you have a CLEAR conscience and nothing to be afraid, then the unhappiness by others is clearly a sign of a guilty conscience and alot more to hide esp if the party concerned is the one responsible for your reno woes.

For me, if I have such experience, I will go all ahead and post everything and say it outright- this is a forum for sharing and everyone esp contractors/firms/IDs reading such posts have a duty to learn. :furious: Remember, customer is always KING in the line of service or else where you all earn your living from?

Hi All

First of all, a big thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.

I am New's husband, Malcolm.

Seeing my darling so upset, it really does break my heart.

And so I decided to come out and spill all.

Mr Yeak had requested for the final payment of $850 through sms to New.

I went over the final quotation and found 2 items we were not so clear about and so I emailed him to clarify.

I must emphasized that right from the beginning, we had never questioned his use of materials and methods.

That was how we trusted him.

This was my email :

Dear Mr Yeak,

I understand that you requested for the balance payment of $850.00 due to you.

Before that, I would like to enquire on the following 2 items.

1) To conceal copper pipping at kitchen (partial only) - $350.00

I do not see any concealing being done? The whole pipe is still exposed? Please enlighten me.

2) To replace conceal copper piping with one hot point for 2 toilets - $1100.00

Please also explain this.

Thank you.

Regards

Malcolm

This was his reply :

Dear Mr Malcolm,

To answer your question no 1 : Of course you don’t see the conceal part as it had been concealed already.

Those concealed part is at the left top of your kitchen.

No 2 : Both toilets were replaced with concealed copper piping. Just that only one hot point was done for master toilet shower area.

For your information, when come to hacking of the wall tiles, all concealed pipe will somehow break by the hacking machine.

I understand that you wife has been sharing a lot in Renotalk recently. Well, to be fair to me, since when you all communicate with me for the problem .

For this kind of piping issue, consult me right in the beginning before we start our reno . Now only you don’t understand. It is really ridiculous.

Finally, you can always keep the balance ……

By the way, don’t keep saying that I make big money if I were the one doing your parquet floor.

The fact is, Mr Gan, the middleman, he is the one who charge me that much as those parquet are supply by him to me.

If I get those parquet directly from his boss, perhaps I’ll make like what you’ve said so. Be consider & fair, ok ?

Regards

yeak

This was my final reply :

Dear Mr Yeak,

There is no need to be so hostile. When I went through the quotation, I asked my wife about the 2 items and she also couldnt answer me.

That is why I emailed you and asked about it. Only after you said the top left hand of the kitchen then I realised you were talking about the U-pipe.

I do not think it is ridiculous to ask you any questions pertaining to the pipings

as I believe I have the rights to understand your quotation better before paying you the final amount.

You must also know that right from the start, my wife had full trust in you to do everything right for us,

hence I chose not to question you much also.

Yes, she had been sharing alot on renotalk about the works your men had done.

There were fair amount of good stuffs she wrote about you as well.

We are just not satisfied with some of the shoddy workmanship done.

Right in the beginning you already knew we are very particular about quality.

She had even meant to introduce your company to the ID magazines when all is done.

I know my wife liaise with you all the while and always agreed with your suggestions.

And I believed had she gone to you about redoing any work, you might have told her otherwise and she will eventually give in to you.

Remember that she said the shower head bracket is too high and wanted it lowered?

You said its normal height and she just accepted it. But the fact is, it is still too high for us.

That is why I chose to takeover when things seemed to be slow-going.

Talking about parquet, it was Mr Gan who told us he is charging you the same price and that you were unhappy we went to HauHau direct.

Anyway, I have told my wife to remove anything about parquet prices on renotalk.

We are still glad you started the renovation for us. Its just that the end products were far from ideal. If this is your own place, how will you react?

- the sagging gold shelf?

- the plastic knob slotted under the tap?

- the missing caps from the toilet bowl?

- the pebble wash seemed to be dropping more?

There are more if we were to be calculative. How can we help you advertise like this?

Since all these are happening, and you couldnt give me a date for the carpentry, I decided to cancel them to prevent any future rectifications as well.

I might have sounded very unreasonable over the phone but please understand we are paying you tens of thousands of dollars and not just a few bucks.

I dont even want to start on the electrical works.

We are sorry things came to this stage. Please take care.

Regards

Malcolm

Hi All

First of all, a big thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.

I am New's husband, Malcolm.

Seeing my darling so upset, it really does break my heart.

And so I decided to come out and spill all.

Mr Yeak had requested for the final payment of $850 through sms to New.

I went over the final quotation and found 2 items we were not so clear about and so I emailed him to clarify.

I must emphasized that right from the beginning, we had never questioned his use of materials and methods.

That was how we trusted him.

This was my email :

Dear Mr Yeak,

I understand that you requested for the balance payment of $850.00 due to you.

Before that, I would like to enquire on the following 2 items.

1) To conceal copper pipping at kitchen (partial only) - $350.00

I do not see any concealing being done? The whole pipe is still exposed? Please enlighten me.

2) To replace conceal copper piping with one hot point for 2 toilets - $1100.00

Please also explain this.

Thank you.

Regards

Malcolm

This was his reply :

Dear Mr Malcolm,

To answer your question no 1 : Of course you don't see the conceal part as it had been concealed already.

Those concealed part is at the left top of your kitchen.

No 2 : Both toilets were replaced with concealed copper piping. Just that only one hot point was done for master toilet shower area.

For your information, when come to hacking of the wall tiles, all concealed pipe will somehow break by the hacking machine.

I understand that you wife has been sharing a lot in Renotalk recently. Well, to be fair to me, since when you all communicate with me for the problem .

For this kind of piping issue, consult me right in the beginning before we start our reno . Now only you don't understand. It is really ridiculous.

Finally, you can always keep the balance ……

By the way, don't keep saying that I make big money if I were the one doing your parquet floor.

The fact is, Mr Gan, the middleman, he is the one who charge me that much as those parquet are supply by him to me.

If I get those parquet directly from his boss, perhaps I'll make like what you've said so. Be consider & fair, ok ?

Regards

yeak

This was my final reply :

Dear Mr Yeak,

There is no need to be so hostile. When I went through the quotation, I asked my wife about the 2 items and she also couldnt answer me.

That is why I emailed you and asked about it. Only after you said the top left hand of the kitchen then I realised you were talking about the U-pipe.

I do not think it is ridiculous to ask you any questions pertaining to the pipings

as I believe I have the rights to understand your quotation better before paying you the final amount.

You must also know that right from the start, my wife had full trust in you to do everything right for us,

hence I chose not to question you much also.

Yes, she had been sharing alot on renotalk about the works your men had done.

There were fair amount of good stuffs she wrote about you as well.

We are just not satisfied with some of the shoddy workmanship done.

Right in the beginning you already knew we are very particular about quality.

She had even meant to introduce your company to the ID magazines when all is done.

I know my wife liaise with you all the while and always agreed with your suggestions.

And I believed had she gone to you about redoing any work, you might have told her otherwise and she will eventually give in to you.

Remember that she said the shower head bracket is too high and wanted it lowered?

You said its normal height and she just accepted it. But the fact is, it is still too high for us.

That is why I chose to takeover when things seemed to be slow-going.

Talking about parquet, it was Mr Gan who told us he is charging you the same price and that you were unhappy we went to HauHau direct.

Anyway, I have told my wife to remove anything about parquet prices on renotalk.

We are still glad you started the renovation for us. Its just that the end products were far from ideal. If this is your own place, how will you react?

- the sagging gold shelf?

- the plastic knob slotted under the tap?

- the missing caps from the toilet bowl?

- the pebble wash seemed to be dropping more?

There are more if we were to be calculative. How can we help you advertise like this?

Since all these are happening, and you couldnt give me a date for the carpentry, I decided to cancel them to prevent any future rectifications as well.

I might have sounded very unreasonable over the phone but please understand we are paying you tens of thousands of dollars and not just a few bucks.

I dont even want to start on the electrical works.

We are sorry things came to this stage. Please take care.

Regards

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Long time no see, free for a coffee, anyway we stay so near can go over to your place's kopitiam? :D And by the way hor, the conceal piping will not be damage by the hacking machine if the workers know what to do. And if it do damaged, actually contractors are to repair or replace it. House owners are not wrong to question or ask when in doubts, alternately they have the right to know as they are paying for it.

I believe if he talked nicely, everything still able to go

smoothly and u all can come to a compromise or win-win situation, but not behave in such irresponsible manner. Is it because he didn't earn much profit from u that why he felt rather than to waste his time, he can concentrate more on other projects as heard he fully booked till mid oct? This comment is just my personal point of view.