Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cornetto

Salary Disclosure

actually before married, if u really love each other truely...there will be no any secret anymore.

if everything need to wait until married..... :bangwall: seems married just like go to police station ler :sport-smiley-004:

how if a man ever say...i will change after married.....means he will never change forever de :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nay, I still think that it's impt we have our own personal undisclosed savings. Woman mah. no matter wat, still need a sense of security. Dun be too naive on the word LOVE. It aren't everything. Only a portion.

actually before married, if u really love each other truely...there will be no any secret anymore.

if everything need to wait until married..... :bangwall: seems married just like go to police station ler :sport-smiley-004:

how if a man ever say...i will change after married.....means he will never change forever de :notti:

Saw it from some email,

A man married a women thinking that she will never change, but she change.

A women married a man thinking that he will change for the better, but he never change.

:dunno::dunno:

Actually changes take times, but an old saying is "a leopard can never change its spot" how true is that??

But i still believe in zhenxinxiangtui in a married life, be true to urself and to our partner.

I let my wife know my everything, account, PIN, salary and bonus, but she always forget :bangwall::bangwall: have to remind over and over again. But same thing happen to me, forget this forget that. haha... :bangwall::bangwall:

But i don't know she have any personal saving or not :unsure::unsure:

Will check with her one day haha...

Edited by stevetang

also an interestin topic here..

for us we know each other salary and we don hav join account.. but if we need any funds we both discuss and shared equally..

:P

haha. for my wife and I, we share almost everything... we occasionally help ea other draw $ from atm... even ib login.

we are still young couple . .recently purchased a flat, in which made us to do our financial plan together.... I think both of us are happy with the house even it drained all our savings..

my wife and i settle things abit different.

she settles the remaining HDB loan and PUB, i settle everything else.

for me, that includes holidays, renovations, NTUC, meals, clubbing, etc.

cuz she declares her income and i dont, so only she can pay the HDB loan. but once the loan is started, and i set up my company, i paid the house 50% upfront

Edited by andywee

from courtship days, my ex and I started a joint acount into which we put a pre-determined amount each month from our personal funds. After marriage, $ in joint account used for settling all household-related bills. Our personal account we keep private.

When we divorced, the joint account was v useful for paying legal fees :-) and estate agent's fee when we sold our place etc. We still have joint account, cos it's for ex to pay his child maintenance every month.

from courtship days, my ex and I started a joint acount into which we put a pre-determined amount each month from our personal funds. After marriage, $ in joint account used for settling all household-related bills. Our personal account we keep private.

When we divorced, the joint account was v useful for paying legal fees :-) and estate agent's fee when we sold our place etc. We still have joint account, cos it's for ex to pay his child maintenance every month.

. I was even cruel. I closed our joint account(saving fund) n withdrew all the $$$ out n blew it on spendings on renting my room outside just after the divorce. me bad hor

. I was even cruel. I closed our joint account(saving fund) n withdrew all the $$$ out n blew it on spendings on renting my room outside just after the divorce. me bad hor

Great to see posts that most Singaporean husband/wife open their accounts to each other. I'm wondering how the situation would be if they keep their acct closed from each other & can stay together.

We attended pre-marriage course together, has been married for 17 years, 2 children, aged 15 & 13. 2 years ago, just attended post-marriage course together....She did most the pre-schooling teaching & built the solid foundation for the 2 children, I come in once a while when they asked me. I'm always there, just "watching", come in as I deem fit.

Originally planned she to quit her job when 1st children attended P6, but now she is still working all the way, earned abt half my salary. She does all the household's finance in/out., including filing my income tax. She open letter box. She know all the accounts' balance. But, I don't know her actual salary amount. She write cheque, I sign. She got her own cheque bk as well. She does want to have credit card but supplementary card.

I decide on major issue, she on minor, but she decide what is major/minor. I do broad budgeting and make major decisions:

- What insurance to buy, how much, payment...she does the follow-up

- Sell/buy house, I get agent, how much, when.....she decide the location and follow-up

- Buy/sell shares, when, how many, how much.....she file the papers

- Car mark, model, cc.... she choose color

- Children's education, all together.

This kind of wife, where to find! We do quarrel, different options, cold-war..... we maintain one house-rule: do not carry your anger after sunset.

Edited by bepgof

just to contribute my holdhold system.

both wife and me controbute 10% of our salary to a joint acct. if any bonus, 10% of that goes into the joint too. this joint acct is for groceries, kid's expense like tuition, insurance, parents allowance, utilities and her car loan.

some other household goes to my credit card giro scheme. these things i do not claim back. husband and wife cannot be too picky. i bring back a fatter bacon, so right fully, i should be the one paying more. during our last reno, i paid for most of the applicance.

we both have a rough idea of each other savings. i think she is more clueless to mine as mine is spread over a few banks. we celebrate each other's bonus and increment as we know the household will get more. we do not know each other's PIN number. Our joint account needs only one of our signature. we been though our own ups and downs and sort those out.

money can make or break a marriage. best to get it sort out before getting hitched

ya money can break a relationship..

i can stil rem my first serious gf, tog for 7 yrs but really the moneys involved in getting married, buying house etc was too much...and tat was in 2002 and there was no interest free instalm fr credit cards..everyt need to b in cold hard cash else hv to take loans...

now married but things r v different now...wife contribute 1k into our joint acct and i settle all exp such as utilities, phone, home expenses etc...

and we know full well each other's salaries and bonuses etc.

ya money can break a relationship..

i can stil rem my first serious gf, tog for 7 yrs but really the moneys involved in getting married, buying house etc was too much...and tat was in 2002 and there was no interest free instalm fr credit cards..everyt need to b in cold hard cash else hv to take loans...

now married but things r v different now...wife contribute 1k into our joint acct and i settle all exp such as utilities, phone, home expenses etc...

and we know full well each other's salaries and bonuses etc.

Errrr, money really matter. I purely making a wild guess: most divorcee due to finanance matter. Wives will feel more secured when family have sufficient money?

Edited by bepgof

when we were dating, we contributed a fixed amount each to a joint account - later used that money for wedding preparations.

when i was still working, my income went to our joint-savings account. his income went into another joint account for household expenditure.

now that i am not working, our joint-savings account is almost stagnant, relying on reserves such as bonuses. our accounts are all very transparent - it pays that both of us do not spend unnecessarily and we both discuss on major expenses...even his iphone ;)

I still think honesty is the best policy. Hiding simple things like salary says alot. What else can he hide?

yah...no help in part by some mothers who advise their daughters to live by the lase of "what mine is mine and what yours is mine"