Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cantona7

Why Do Man Keep Mistress Or Girlfriends After Marriage?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Scientifically, we might have a herd instinct. Like a lion has a herd of lioness. Tiger also have. Monkeys also have alpha male. But thats to ensure survival. I do hope we men have evolved past that or even at least see that as belonging to a minority group.

There was a documentary, some tribe in India/china border where the brothers share one wife. All are happy, the men dont really care who fathered which child as it is their own family's DNA. Its very strange but that puts into perspective which category of male u belong to. I think its amazing. I personally cant do it cos of many egoistic reasons but thats just it.

Modern society - it is always so easy to find fault with our partners. Not pretty lah, not slim lah, cooking lousy, never keep the house tidy, not good in bed. But there are some really despicable ones(cheaters) that deserve no better than a slap but how the marriage dissolves, we can only lie to the world not to ourselves.

There is no such thing as a prince charming or a princess bride, it comes in a form of willing to compromise and when u commit to a marriage you need to understand the word commitment. Dont have that thinking of hollywood later can divorce if not happy.

I always tell my wife one thing. If a person tells you that if you can manage to make things work eg go for counselling, put your best foot forward, be a righteous man or woman, you will gain 1 million dollars. Will you or will you not make it work? Its just a matter of putting things in perspective and knowing whats important.

If your reply is, of course lah for one million dollars you will make it work, then my friend, think carefully before you get married because there is never one day you dont have to make it work, and the only day you know u made it work is when u die and your partner is still by your side, and probably thats worth more than the million dollars.

Scientifically, we might have a herd instinct. Like a lion has a herd of lioness. Tiger also have. Monkeys also have alpha male. But thats to ensure survival. I do hope we men have evolved past that or even at least see that as belonging to a minority group.

There was a documentary, some tribe in India/china border where the brothers share one wife. All are happy, the men dont really care who fathered which child as it is their own family's DNA. Its very strange but that puts into perspective which category of male u belong to. I think its amazing. I personally cant do it cos of many egoistic reasons but thats just it.

Modern society - it is always so easy to find fault with our partners. Not pretty lah, not slim lah, cooking lousy, never keep the house tidy, not good in bed. But there are some really despicable ones(cheaters) that deserve no better than a slap but how the marriage dissolves, we can only lie to the world not to ourselves.

There is no such thing as a prince charming or a princess bride, it comes in a form of willing to compromise and when u commit to a marriage you need to understand the word commitment. Dont have that thinking of hollywood later can divorce if not happy.

I always tell my wife one thing. If a person tells you that if you can manage to make things work eg go for counselling, put your best foot forward, be a righteous man or woman, you will gain 1 million dollars. Will you or will you not make it work? Its just a matter of putting things in perspective and knowing whats important.

If your reply is, of course lah for one million dollars you will make it work, then my friend, think carefully before you get married because there is never one day you dont have to make it work, and the only day you know u made it work is when u die and your partner is still by your side, and probably thats worth more than the million dollars.

:unsure: Chim ! Don't understand as a man. Why not change the topics to "Why do beast keep mating with other partners after getting together?

:unsure: Chim ! Don't understand as a man. Why not change the topics to "Why do beast keep mating with other partners after getting together?

I gather you dont watch much National geographic yeah? :P I am just saying we might have animal instincts buried deep in us to want to stray or to have many child bearing partners. But we have moved from the concubine era so we cant use that as a common valid reason, especially for us singaporeans when we have low birth rates.

Well as to the beast part .. we are beauty and the beast.

Edited by Junkay

I gather you dont watch much National geographic yeah? I am just saying we might have animal instincts buried deep in us to want to stray or to have many child bearing partners. But we have moved from the concubine era so we cant use that as a common valid reason, especially for us singaporeans when we have low birth rates.

Well as to the beast part .. we are beauty and the beast.

So we have two teams here, the beauty team and the beast team. :P so where the man stands?

Animal instincts ... natural procreation ..... well, what can I say. Our society however is not devoid of moral values. And every thread of society is bounded by what is accepted and unaccepted "socially". If one lives in a vacuum, well, by all means, have as many partners as one likes.

In society, judgement is all part of society, and we have to live up to expectations whether we like it or not. It's our responsibility.

There is no justification for extra-marital affairs. Someone is bound to get hurt, and the one being cheated on will be devastated. We all took our marriage vows. For better or worse. We *chose* our life partner. No one forced us to marry our spouse. So, be responsible for your own actions, and blame no one. Sorry, for being so direct and straight forward.

Har, 123abc is a female??? Females are not so straight-talking like the way 123abc said it out. Sounds a bit crude ma unless is either a butch or a tomboy if female. (No offence meant, just that the way its phrased out sounds really crude, ie; 'waterhole' somemore.)

but.. buaya is female leh..

Cantona got female supporter liao! :notti:

Anyway, mankind has evolved, so has the primal instincts. It's just gone up a notch better so its not just about mating with just anyone in particular. Feelings are now considered. If in the past back to stoneage, its just about the mating process that was prevalent without considering feelings then.

The sad fact is that sometimes we do not always think clearly and often end up making mistakes when we should be learning instead. ChunkyMonkey has said it out that one should be responsible for his/her actions so having an affair definitely is not worth destroying a happy family or happy memories.

Har, 123abc is a female??? Females are not so straight-talking like the way 123abc said it out. Sounds a bit crude ma unless is either a butch or a tomboy if female. (No offence meant, just that the way its phrased out sounds really crude, ie; 'waterhole' somemore.)

Anyway, mankind has evolved, so has the primal instincts. It's just gone up a notch better so its not just about mating with just anyone in particular. Feelings are now considered. If in the past back to stoneage, its just about the mating process that was prevalent without considering feelings then.

The sad fact is that sometimes we do not always think clearly and often end up making mistakes when we should be learning instead. ChunkyMonkey has said it out that one should be responsible for his/her actions so having an affair definitely is not worth destroying a happy family or happy memories.

yes, dont worry -- 123abc is a straight talking happily married Mrs. :P

If you people read my posting properly and carefully, you will know that I am no supporter of Cantona 7.

In fact, I am warning him that if he wants to Play the Field after marriage, then so can his wife.

Waterhole is an Aussie slang if you dont already know that, BunBun. :D

And, I dont think you should insult ladies who speak up their mind by calling them tomboy or butch. :no::no::no:

Edited by 123abc

My sincere apologies for that if it offends you as I am not familiar with the aussie slang. But it might be different to others in a way that its like associated with butch or tomboys whom some are considered crass or crude in how they carry themselvs. :)

Please do not take offence though. I mean no insult to the ladies here as I am one myself. This applies to other ladies who might be offended by the way I say it. :bow: It did sound like the way a guy talks a little crudely which is one reason why the word "buaya" came up & I thought the same thing. Paiseh

If you people read my posting properly and carefully, you will know that I am no supporter of Cantona 7.

In fact, I am warning him that if he wants to Play the Field after marriage, then so can his wife.

And, I dont think you should insult ladies who speak up their mind by calling them tomboy or butch. :no::no::no:

Edited by BunBun

Welcome all ppls to share their views or experience on this thread and hopefully all the gals DONT show this thread to Mrs Cantona7. :bow::bow::bow:

maybe wife never upkeep her beaut?

I am not so skillfull like to play trick and fall into penalty box. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Close both eyes & ear is the BEST! :dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Hear No Evil, See No Evil & Speak No Evil :sport-smiley-004:

seenoeviltd5.png

Where is the fourth chimp? I think its more relevent to your thread :notti:

oops sorry .. me din check who you are ...

i call you buaya , coz my guy friend who is one , been using this slang ...

i strongly feel that cantona is becoming a buaya ...

btw congrats for your happiness :wub: :wub:

maybe wife never upkeep her beaut?

not sure abt others' wifey ..

only know Mrs Cantona is a chio bu .. and always dolls up herself..

Cantona is a lucky man !!

His a s s

or else where